News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Lets talk about the QBs in 2024 draft.

Started by brownelvis54, October 31, 2023, 12:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 06, 2023, 08:33:40 PMGoing to watch JJ McCarthy closely this  week vs.Penn State. Thoughts? :ok:
spider: Watch his opponent too. Sophomore Drew Allar will likely come out for the 2025 draft. I think next year as a junior he'll beat both Ohio State and Michigan (a super-rare feat) and take his team to the playoffs. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 07, 2023, 12:49:17 AMspider: Watch his opponent too. Sophomore Drew Allar will likely come out for the 2025 draft. I think next year as a junior he'll beat both Ohio State and Michigan (a super-rare feat) and take his team to the playoffs. Bob

Bob - I will take that bet.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on November 07, 2023, 10:37:51 AMBob - I will take that bet.
Phil: How will I collect when I win?  I'm not driving to Hawaii. lol

Dgoodmantrublu

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 07, 2023, 12:36:14 PMFranklin winning a big game? Yeah. Sure.
Dgood: Your skepticism is well-founded; I'm right there in line with you.

But the D coordinator is first-rate, IMO. 

My point----->  It will take THE PLAYER (Allar) to win both games, and I think he'll be that good by then.

Bob

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 07, 2023, 12:31:55 PMPhil: How will I collect when I win?  I'm not driving to Hawaii. lol

Ha Ha.  I hear you swim like Michael Phelps.

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 07, 2023, 12:49:09 PMDgood: Your skepticism is well-founded; I'm right there in line with you.

But the D coordinator is first-rate, IMO. 

My point----->  It will take THE PLAYER (Allar) to win both games, and I think he'll be that good by then.

Bob

Bob - I have not gotten the impression the PSU's fanbase has grown impatient with Franklin's lack of success against Michigan or OSU.  Am I wrong?

The Big 10 East has been tough.

uconnjack8

Bob,

I hope you are right about Allar, but I haven't seen it yet.  He has some good physical characteristics but I have seen much else.

Dgoodmantrublu

I am of the belief that most QBs should get to the pros as soon as they can because college coaching of QBs is mostly terrible. Allar could be an example of that. Anthony Richardson certainly was.

JT39

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 06, 2023, 08:33:40 PMGoing to watch JJ McCarthy closely this  week vs.Penn State. Thoughts? :ok:

Never get too high or too low based off one performance. He will do good things and probably struggle at times cause Penn State's defense is legit. Michigans weakness offensively are their tackles and they have struggled to run the ball like they have the last two years. Chop Robinson can have a big deal, especially if Penn State can get the lead.

Michigans schedule may rue them on this day.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: JT39 on November 07, 2023, 01:39:00 PMNever get too high or too low based off one performance. He will do good things and probably struggle at times cause Penn State's defense is legit. Michigans weakness offensively are their tackles and they have struggled to run the ball like they have the last two years. Chop Robinson can have a big deal, especially if Penn State can get the lead.

Michigans schedule may rue them on this day.

Looks like Chop might be back, which would be awesome.  But the other DEs are serious problems also, Adissa Isaac and Dani Dennis-Sutton, plus our D Coordinator sends a ton of different guys off the edges, with Abdul Carter being one of the guys that wreaks havoc.  I feel better about this UM game than I did about the OSU game...I think PSU matches up better vs. UM than they did vs. OSU.  Should be a great game, anyways.

shadowspinner0

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 07, 2023, 12:49:17 AMspider: Watch his opponent too. Sophomore Drew Allar will likely come out for the 2025 draft. I think next year as a junior he'll beat both Ohio State and Michigan (a super-rare feat) and take his team to the playoffs. Bob

I would love nothing more than for PSU to beat both of these teams but Franklyn has one 2 big wins, OSU in 2016 and Michigan in 2019. He gets outplayed and outcoached every other year. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 07, 2023, 01:11:59 PMBob,

I hope you are right about Allar, but I haven't seen it yet.  He has some good physical characteristics but I have seen much else.

uconn: That's because he's a sophomore. I'm only bringing him up now because this topic is full of guys I believe are no further along than Allar and he has the extra year to improve the very items you just listed. Bob

Jclayton92

He's slowly becoming my QB1 for this class.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 07, 2023, 03:15:03 PMHe's slowly becoming my QB1 for this class.

I am worried about other teams taking him. I am also worried about mock drafts that have us trading up for Calib Williams.
The KING is in the building