News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How do you feel about the Giants winning games for the rest of the season

Started by MightyGiants, November 02, 2023, 09:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In light of the current record how do you feel about winning or losing for he rest of the season

Giant Jim

Quote from: katkavage on November 05, 2023, 01:21:20 PMOr Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold.
They were all there for them, they passed. Mayfield was the no questions asked top choice.

katkavage

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 05, 2023, 01:31:44 PMThey were all there for them, they passed. Mayfield was the no questions asked top choice.
Cleveland had the big love for him. Not sure if others did. I do remember the nonsense about Allen's accuracy and Jackson not being the prototype NFL QB. Shows you how wrong scouts are.

Giant Jim

Quote from: katkavage on November 05, 2023, 01:51:44 PMCleveland had the big love for him. Not sure if others did. I do remember the nonsense about Allen's accuracy and Jackson not being the prototype NFL QB. Shows you how wrong scouts are.
The Jets passed on both. Shows it's hit or miss on many. The book's still out on our # 7 overall pick but our #5 has been doing well against weaker offensive lines lately.

katkavage

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 05, 2023, 02:00:15 PMThe Jets passed on both. Shows it's hit or miss on many. The book's still out on our # 7 overall pick but our #5 has been doing well against weaker offensive lines lately.
Based on what we knew two years ago, those picks seemed like gold. KT is learning. Trending up. And most offensive lines in the NFL are weak, not just the Giants.

Dgoodmantrublu

Yes and the Jets would have had that 2nd pick if they lost out. Instead they got Freeman McNeil. A nice running back, but nothing more.

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 05, 2023, 08:43:53 AMThe Giants got him with the 2nd pick. There hasn't been a player that good since, except possibly Brady.

BluesCruz

I would not worry about this

I doubt we win another game this year......this team has quit on itself
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Woody

Not likely.   No postive signs anywhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AYM

Quote from: BluesCruz on November 05, 2023, 06:12:55 PMI would not worry about this

We might beat Washington because ... reasons. Somehow we have their number.

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

StompYouOT

Quote from: BluesCruz on November 05, 2023, 06:12:55 PMI would not worry about this

That's my feeling and honestly it's a good thing.  I'm not even bashing the Jones contract anymore because him as the starter was the worst possible scenario and now we have a shot at a real franchise QB next year.  These games are too lopsided to be emotionally invested anyway.

MagicRat

kingm56

StompYouOT

Quote from: jgrangers2 on November 05, 2023, 11:52:23 AMThe Giants went 9-7-1 last year and won a playoff game. All of that led to them starting this season 2-6. Winning doesn't automatically beget more winning. This team badly needs talent. If the Giants go 5-12 instead of 3-14, lose out on Maye and Williams and watch them become stars in the NFL will anyone care about those two extra wins? Do you think Jet fans look back on those two wins at the end of the 2020 season as good things? Those two wins ended up with them taking Zack Wilson instead of Trevor Lawrence. You think the Bengals regret being terrible the year before to land Burrow?

Winning 5 games instead of 3 is probably a bad thing long-term. I know that is hard to take sometimes but it's simply the nature of this sport and the way talent is brought into the NFL. No team should ever tank, but, as a fan, it's not unreasonable to realize that losing these games might be beneficial in the long run.

Yep.  I don't know why this is so hard for people to get.  Culture isn't the problem here, talent is.  KC has a damn good program, but the other contenders today were all in that bottom rung for a while and built talent through the draft.  It's especially important this year with allegedly a very talented QB class in 2024.

Anyone watch CJ Stroud today??  Wow, that's what I said watching him and want that type of guy on our team again.  So we can be good again.  Would Houston trade him away for 3 meaningless victories??

MagicRat

Quote from: kingm56 on November 05, 2023, 07:11:21 PMThat doesn't make a lot of sense...
Sorry   lapsed into Scottish speak.
The Raiders are a bad team and have embarrassed us.
Dallas are not a bad team, therefore it will almost certainly get a lot more embarrassing.