News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dabs may not survive this season,

Started by Ed Vette, November 12, 2023, 06:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 13, 2023, 08:54:47 AMYour observation is not without basis. I think Daboll most definitely gets a third year. If they draft a QB in April, it will possible buy Daboll a 4th, depending on what improvements the team makes (being competitive each week).
We are now ten games into the season. Daboll had stuck with everyone on his Coaching Staff and although he can't replace multiple coaches in season and further disrupt the team, it was quite apparent he could have made at least one of three obviously needed changes.

If a HC can't diagnose the weak links and fails to take action, then it falls on him.

Leadership requires making tough decisions. Whether that leader is in the Military or is a Retail Manager, a production manager or the President of the United States.

Who's responsible for the poor Offensive Line play? Blame it on the injuries? Who's responsible for poor Special Teams play? Stupid players? Who's responsible for preparing the Offense, it's players and the execution as well as designing plays and calling the right play in every situation?

In every aspect this entire team broke down and was exposed.

There are some good players out there making mistakes and demonstrating poor execution.

Tim, I don't think Daboll "definitely" gets a third year. I think for sure Schoen does.

Like I said somewhere, wait until this xxxx show comes back to NJ.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 13, 2023, 08:30:26 AMUgg you used the "I" word. Influencer. This SM phenomenon is so gross. But since you brought it up who exactly is our former kicker "influencing"? I care about what Carl Banks thinks not Tynes.

FWIW Carl Banks is on Twitter, has over 78,000 followers, and posts and retweets very regularly.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 13, 2023, 09:16:37 AMTim, I don't think Daboll "definitely" gets a third year. I think for sure Schoen does.

Interesting distinction.

Since Schoen was very involved in, if not the primary driver of, the Daboll hire, if Daboll gets fired will that depend on Schoen agreeing to it, or will that be an ownership call?

Also, if Daboll gets fired and not Schoen, will Schoen have more, less, or the same amount of input in the decision on Daboll's replacement?

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 12, 2023, 09:11:29 PMhttps://x.com/lt4kicks/status/1723871673588285819?
From the same guy telling fans they didn't know what they were talking about and that Jones was the franchise guy. Tynes needs to calm down on his takes as he has some strange ones.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 13, 2023, 09:20:26 AMFWIW Carl Banks is on Twitter, has over 78,000 followers, and posts and retweets very regularly.
Let's see if Carl tells it like it is today. I think he exposes all the problems but falls short of being critical of the GM and HC. You don't xxxx where you eat.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 13, 2023, 09:16:37 AMWe are now ten games into the season. Daboll had stuck with everyone on his Coaching Staff and although he can't replace multiple coaches in season and further disrupt the team, it was quite apparent he could have made at least one of three obviously needed changes.

If a HC can't diagnose the weak links and fails to take action, then it falls on him.

Leadership requires making tough decisions. Whether that leader is in the Military or is a Retail Manager, a production manager or the President of the United States.

Who's responsible for the poor Offensive Line play? Blame in on the injuries? Who's responsible for poor Special Teams play? Stupid players? Who's responsible for preparing the Offense, it's players and the execution as well as designing plays and calling the right play in every situation?

In every aspect this entire team broke down and was exposed.

There are some good players out there making mistakes and demonstrating poor execution.

Tim, I don't think Daboll "definitely" gets a third year. I think for sure Schoen does.

Like I said somewhere, wait until this xxxx show comes back to NJ.
I'm with you on the full responsibility front. Kafka should be sitting at home on game days. Maybe they do it over the bye?

Firing Daboll sends an absolutely horrible message to fire yet another coach after only two seasons. What's worse is he's been handcuffed by a QB he could not be consistently successful with. And he's played less than half a season on his new contract. Sure, call him to task on the things that he could have been better at. He's also a rookie head coach. He's not going to be perfect. I don't see Schoen throwing Daboll under the bus and making him the scapegoat. Mara certainly isn't going to suggest it, especially if he feels that the organization "did everything to ruin this kid [Jones]."

Schoen knows what they inherited and he's going to give Daboll a fair shot at showing what he can do with his own QB. I'm willing to put a 6-pack of your favorite cold ones on it. :cheers:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 13, 2023, 09:24:58 AMFrom the same guy telling fans they didn't know what they were talking about and that Jones was the franchise guy. Tynes needs to calm down on his takes as he has some strange ones.
Yup a complete 180.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 13, 2023, 09:26:22 AMI'm with you on the full responsibility front. Kafka should be sitting at home on game days. Maybe they do it over the bye?

Firing Daboll sends an absolutely horrible message to fire yet another coach after only two seasons. What's worse is he's been handcuffed by a QB he could not be consistently successful with. And he's played less than half a season on his new contract. Sure, call him to task on the things that he could have been better at. He's also a rookie head coach. He's not going to be perfect. I don't see Schoen throwing Daboll under the bus and making him the scapegoat. Mara certainly isn't going to suggest it, especially if he feels that the organization "did everything to ruin this kid [Jones]."

Schoen knows what they inherited and he's going to give Daboll a fair shot at showing what he can do with his own QB. I'm willing to put a 6-pack of your favorite cold ones on it. :cheers:
Tim, I guarantee you that Mara and Schoen will have that discussion. There is a long enough list of points to support it. I don't think they make any changes in season. But if the OC, DC, Oline coaches all go after the season...
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

I just don't get the overreaction. Anyone that thought we were going to have a good game yesterday are likley the same people that thought we were going to have the greatest show on turf after the panthers preseason game.

Yesterday was nothing more than evaluating young talent and old talent to see who's here next year. Sadly the overreaction is so loud about Daboll who will clearly be here next year that we didn't discuss Belton getting significant reps or at least it seemed that way plus flotts first pick etc. Actual development on the team.

Doc16LT56

I watched Daboll's post-game presser and he sounds disconnected from reality. Not that I expect him to dump on his team but his answers make it sound like he thinks these games aren't complete blowouts. Have real questions about Daboll's temperament and also whether he is not just overwhelmed coaching in NY.

It makes me think of the famous MLK quote: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

They can fire the medical staff, specials, and both coordinators. I'd be down with that but dabolls a good coach.

Gmo11

I just don't understand what Daboll should have been able to do.  He and Schoen based every offseason decision on Jones taking another step forward.  Once he took a Giant leap backwards instead the season was tanked.  Taylor wasn't winning 9 games.  Devito certainly isn't going to win a game.  And that's not his fault or Daboll's fault.  Stuff happens.  Next year they will have a new QB and if the Giants get even close to the production from that guy that the Texans are getting out of Stroud they'll be better than they were even last season.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 12, 2023, 06:03:47 PMI don't get it. Did people think this game was going to be competitive? Look who we have at QB.

Did the QB give up 49 pts.?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Doc16LT56

It was a lost season long before Danny DeVito started a game. Let's not forget all the preseason hype was followed by a full strength 40-0 humiliating loss to Dallas. This is what Daboll prepared the team for.