News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - College Football Week 13 games

Started by DaveBrown74, November 25, 2023, 11:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

No doubt OSU/Michigan is the big one, and that starts right now. I can't wait. Huge showdown of two of the nation's absolute elite. The 3.5 point line (Michigan favored) shows the betting public views these two teams as basically dead even.

Giants fans will get a nice opportunity to get live eyes on JJ McCarthy against a legit opponent. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants have scouts (including possibly Schoen) at this game.

Alabama at Auburn (a place where they have struggled) and FSU at Florida are two other big games today with potential playoff implications.

All eyes on the Big House now though. This is huge.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 25, 2023, 11:57:14 AMNo doubt OSU/Michigan is the big one, and that starts right now. I can't wait. Huge showdown of two of the nation's absolute elite. The 3.5 point line (Michigan favored) shows the betting public views these two teams as basically dead even.

Giants fans will get a nice opportunity to get live eyes on JJ McCarthy against a legit opponent. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants have scouts (including possibly Schoen) at this game.

Alabama at Auburn (a place where they have struggled) and FSU at Florida are two other big games today with potential playoff implications.

All eyes on the Big House now though. This is huge.

I have not been able to sleep all week waiting for this game.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 25, 2023, 12:00:22 PMI have not been able to sleep all week waiting for this game.

Ha - I bet. Good luck Phil. I'm rooting for Michigan here today too. Positive vibes.

spiderblue43

Ryan Day feeling some alumni heat if he drops another tilt to Michigan. Granted..he's in no danger of losing his job..but his legacy takes a hit again if his Buckeyes Crack.

Bama looks ready as ever to make another title run. FSU without their qb hurt-really bad break winding down

Jclayton92

I wouldn't mind OSU's OC as our new OC.

Isn't JJ injured?

Also I really need Louisville to lose as well as Florida St.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 25, 2023, 12:31:54 PMI wouldn't mind OSU's OC as our new OC.

Isn't JJ injured?

Also I really need Louisville to lose as well as Florida St.

Jenny Taft reported that his injury concerns are minor at this point and he has been good to go.

So far, he has made zero impact on this game though. Still early though.

spiderblue43

Buckeyes McCord just middling. Throws a pick leading to an easy TD..almost picked again..staring down receivers..Harrison made a great adjustment to help on a nice play. 7-3 Blue.

JJ finally gets it going..on 3rd down to his TE. OSU has already burned 2 time outs. :doh:

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 25, 2023, 12:02:37 PMHa - I bet. Good luck Phil. I'm rooting for Michigan here today too. Positive vibes.

Thanks my brother.  That throw from JJ to Roman Wilson between the two OSU defenders for a TD was a real NFL aggressive throw in as tight a window as you can get.

spiderblue43

Buckeyes buckle Wolverines run D..score  on the ground to tie it..17 all. Okay JJ..it's showtime or oh noooo time nearing the 4th quarter. Redfaced

spiderblue43

Michigan's star guard Zinter carted off on Senior Day. Awful.

Next moment..Corum runs it in..TD. WOW. 24-17. JJ very efficient passing and running that drive.  :yes:

Philosophers

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 25, 2023, 02:46:58 PMMichigan's star guard Zinter carted off on Senior Day. Awful.

Next moment..Corum runs it in..TD. WOW. 24-17. JJ very efficient passing and running that drive.  :yes:

Great game.  Both teams are playing very well.  Super close.  How do you drop loser out of top 4?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 25, 2023, 03:22:32 PMGreat game.  Both teams are playing very well.  Super close.  How do you drop loser out of top 4?

Really tough situation this year. Bottom line, whether it's fair or not, I really can't see them not letting an undefeated FSU team in.

Do I think they're legitimately a top four team in America? No I do not. But do I think the committee will pass them over (assuming they win out)? No, definitely not.

No conference will get in more than one team IMO. There are no truy spectacular teams this year IMO.

TDToomer

I feel like I am the only person here who has almost no interest in college football. I have no #1 team or player I need to watch. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 25, 2023, 03:25:12 PMReally tough situation this year. Bottom line, whether it's fair or not, I really can't see them not letting an undefeated FSU team in.

Do I think they're legitimately a top four team in America? No I do not. But do I think the committee will pass them over (assuming they win out)? No, definitely not.

No conference will get in more than one team IMO. There are no truy spectacular teams this year IMO.

I feel like OSU may have a 30% chance of remaining in top 4.  I think they are better than FSU and Washington.  Keep in mind that FSU lost their starting QB which committee may take into account.  If FSU gets in though I won't be surprised.

I can see Michigan jumping Georgia for #1 due to the high quality win but then give it back to Georgia after conference championships as Iowa would be a lower quality win than Alabama would be.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on November 25, 2023, 05:24:26 PMI feel like OSU may have a 30% chance of remaining in top 4.  I think they are better than FSU and Washington.  Keep in mind that FSU lost their starting QB which committee may take into account.  If FSU gets in though I won't be surprised.

I can see Michigan jumping Georgia for #1 due to the high quality win but then give it back to Georgia after conference championships as Iowa would be a lower quality win than Alabama would be.

I agree there. Mich could and probably should be number one this week. I also agree that UGA could get it back.

Bama had better first worry about beating Auburn here. Auburn always gives them fits in this building, no matter how disparate the two teams seem. Records and rankings don't matter when the game is played in Auburn.

I have no doubt FSU is not a top 5 team in the country, but I just can't see the committee keeping a power five program with that name recognition out under any circumstances if they're undefeated. I don't think they'll keep them out because of the Curtis injury either, especially seeing that they will have rattled off some wins without him, including at UF and the ACC championship game. Maybe the Gators can shock them tonight and then none of this is an issue.

I really want Oregon to get in. I think they're better than Washington. Ideal for me from a spectator standpoint would be Oregon, Mich, UGA, and I guess Bama. That would be the first four team playoff I think ever where I really feel like any of the four teams could win.