News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs Pats game thread

Started by MightyGiants, November 26, 2023, 12:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicRat

Two words spring to mind.
"Thank" and "f u *k".

I haven't wanted a FG missed so bad since 25.

I think I'd have chewed an arm off if I had to watch OT.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Blue Since ‘62

This team obviously didn't get the memo.

Stringer Bell

Can't wait for all the posts ripping the Giants for reaching on Bo Nix after winning these meaningless games cost them a shot at Maye.

killarich

Damn so we probably arent going to get a QB worthy of a first round pick .....Honestly if thats the case ..... Can we just draft 2 linemen with our first 2 picks ... even if that means moving Neal to guard as an experiment

spiderblue43

The definition of "meh" win. Close to pure tank job I ever saw.

TDToomer

We can always trade up with a team that doesn't need a QB. The Bears won't use both picks on a QB.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

No chance that kicker was trying to make that.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: TDToomer on November 26, 2023, 04:02:00 PMWe can always trade up with a team that doesn't need a QB. The Bears won't use both picks on a QB.

This team has way too many holes to be trading a bunch of draft picks.

shadowspinner0

So if we miss out on a top QB, what exactly is the plan for QB in 2024? Unless you believe the QB position doesn't matter. Hope people are excited to run it back with DJ in 2024

madbadger

So was Daniel Jones $48.25 million better than DeVito this season?

killarich

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on November 26, 2023, 04:04:59 PMSo if we miss out on a top QB, what exactly is the plan for QB in 2024? Unless you believe the QB position doesn't matter. Hope people are excited to run it back with DJ in 2024

At this point this is the only option.... we better do nothing but draft O-linemen with our first 2 picks ... See if Neal can play guard

After QB ... O-line is the obvious need by a mile... and we need a DT who can actually help stop the run... I thought we solved that with our free agent signings but that was obviously a miss... good thing they are only 1 year signings

AZGiantFan

Quote from: killarich on November 26, 2023, 04:00:38 PMDamn so we probably arent going to get a QB worthy of a first round pick .....Honestly if thats the case ..... Can we just draft 2 linemen with our first 2 picks ... even if that means moving Neal to guard as an experiment

They've already thrown too much draft capital at the line, IMO, with only one success to point to.  It's reminiscent of the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

spiderblue43

Quote from: madbadger on November 26, 2023, 04:06:00 PMSo was Daniel Jones $48.25 million better than DeVito this season?

Nope. Can't say Jones was better-an indictment on DJ.. :doh:

killarich

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 26, 2023, 04:09:13 PMThey've already thrown too much draft capital at the line, IMO, with only one success to point to.  It's reminiscent of the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

Still dont think you just stop because it hasnt "worked"...  Neal may be on the verge of not working out... but we have Thomas and JMS ..... keep building the line at this point...

GloryDays

We won the ineptitude bowl 👏