News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Agree or Disagree?

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, December 06, 2023, 01:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on December 06, 2023, 02:54:13 PMThat's your personal opinion and that's fine. There's no coherent evidence to support it.

Your fact-free claim (while lacking in supporting evidence or reason) is duly noted.  :greetings:

If you would like to share an example of a QB that succeeded with a 32nd ranked pass protection and 32nd ranked receivers I am more than willing to listen
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Doc16LT56

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 06, 2023, 02:57:33 PMYour fact-free claim (while lacking in supporting evidence or reason) is duly noted.  :greetings:
A receiving corp is by definition advantaged or disadvantaged by the QB throwing to them. Your attempt to separate the two is your personal opinion, not evidence. Thought that would be obvious to you.

Doc16LT56

When we're quibbling between 32nd ranked and 30th ranked, we're just wasting time.

uconnjack8

I agree OL is the biggest need outside of QB. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on December 06, 2023, 03:00:36 PMA receiving corp is by definition advantaged or disadvantaged by the QB throwing to them. Your attempt to separate the two is your personal opinion, not evidence. Thought that would be obvious to you.

I am still waiting for you to provide that example of a QB being successful with the worst-ranked pass protection and receivers.

The NFL has been around for nearly 100 years.  So if my personal opinion was baseless (as you claimed) you should be able to easily demonstrate it.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Not to include QB in the listing is not right as that is our biggest need by far. Yes, we need help on the OL but we have spent so many high draft picks on this that it seems to get boring that we just can't find some talent in round 2 or 3. Come on, we have 2 #2 picks and use them both for the OL.
After that, we need another pass2 rusher in the worst way.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

Quote from: LennG on December 06, 2023, 03:03:30 PMNot to include QB in the listing is not right as that is our biggest need by far. Yes, we need help on the OL but we have spent so many high draft picks on this that it seems to get boring that we just can't find some talent in round 2 or 3. Come on, we have 2 #2 picks and use them both for the OL.

I think the purpose was to remove that to see what other need people considered the biggest.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on December 06, 2023, 03:00:36 PMA receiving corp is by definition advantaged or disadvantaged by the QB throwing to them. Your attempt to separate the two is your personal opinion, not evidence. Thought that would be obvious to you.
Doc: I agree with Rich's view but also agree with you that there is no way to prove it. It's just a hunch. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 06, 2023, 03:08:24 PMDoc: I agree with Rich's view but also agree with you that there is no way to prove it. It's just a hunch. Bob
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: LennG on December 06, 2023, 03:03:30 PMNot to include QB in the listing is not right as that is our biggest need by far. Yes, we need help on the OL but we have spent so many high draft picks on this that it seems to get boring that we just can't find some talent in round 2 or 3. Come on, we have 2 #2 picks and use them both for the OL.
I think the purpose of not listing the QB is because it's universally known and accepted that QB is our top need. It's almost like saying, "Outside of BLUE, what color is most prominent in the NY Giants?"
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on December 06, 2023, 03:23:03 PMI think the purpose of not listing the QB is because it's universally known and accepted that QB is our top need. It's almost like saying, "Outside of BLUE, what color is most prominent in the NY Giants?"

Red
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

andrew_nyGiants

You can never have enough edge rushers. That's my pick.
Want to improve the OL? Start with the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 06, 2023, 01:34:04 PMDisagree. It's DE/DT. They have to replace Leo.
I was going to say this as well, DE/DT or a linebacker like Chop Roninson to play opposite Thibs.

The Oline and weapons will be significantly better with a competent Qb which means the Defense needs the love.

sooners56

So not many believe an ELITE WR is needed more than Oline? The Oline already has three very high draft picks. Coaching may be more of an issue than the talent of the olineman.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!