News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Eagles game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 25, 2023, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

So terrible to watch this team flail around in futility. OC GONE. STC GONE OLC GONE

Clock running out and the Giants give them 3 more. Unreal.  Redfaced

Trench

Quote from: kingm56 on December 25, 2023, 06:01:58 PMJust odd to blame a player for executing the play the DC assigns him; it's not like players get to do what the want.

Ease up. Not blaming anyone. I'm pointing out to those who think he's a pro bowl type player - he is not close. His sacks are mostly coverage.

Let me ask you this - if he consistently got to the QB would Wink drop him into protection as much as he does?

I'm not seeing what I expected from this guy.

killarich

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 25, 2023, 06:08:00 PMTime to bring in Tyrod Taylor I'm tired of this gimmick called DeVito

That does nothing for the season...

Let the kid develop into a backup ... he's won 3 NFL games as an undrafted free agent

Playing Taylor does absolutely nothing for the future of this team... and it isn't all on Devito ...receivers haven't gotten any separation all day

Trench

Quote from: kingm56 on December 25, 2023, 06:01:58 PMJust odd to blame a player for executing the play the DC assigns him; it's not like players get to do what the want.

Is it odd to expect our #5 pick to show up in prime time?....he has yet to do so!

Ed Vette

Quote from: killarich on December 25, 2023, 05:59:49 PMI'm a DJ fan

But Devito does not have DJ vision.. I don't think anyone gets anywhere near open ...and that's a compliment to Devito

We need a WR1

We have wr2 and wr3 .... But they are ineffective if we don't have a 1
The window to throw is short but I don't need to watch the all 22 to see DeVito not pull the trigger. He's throwing nothing between the hashes. Maybe he's too short to see the play develop. Or he's been told to not take chances or he just doesn't react.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

We suck.

From the Owner, to GM, to the HC, to the assistant coaches. And most of all the players are god awful.

killarich

That penalty while stupid... is also pretty ridiculous that it was even called

The eagles had ZERO shot to get that play going.... No chance ... that shouldn't have been called

sooners56

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

brownelvis54

Quote from: killarich on December 25, 2023, 06:09:51 PMThat does nothing for the season...

Let the kid develop into a backup ... he's won 3 NFL games as an undrafted free agent

Playing Taylor does absolutely nothing for the future of this team... and it isn't all on Devito ...receivers haven't gotten any separation all day

I don't know. .....he wasn't drafted for a reason. Also, I would not mind burning a late draft pick on a quarterback to develop into our back up we might strike gold you never know, but I think Devito is what DeVito is.
The KING is in the building

sooners56

Quote from: killarich on December 25, 2023, 06:15:09 PMThat penalty while stupid... is also pretty ridiculous that it was even called

The eagles had ZERO shot to get that play going.... No chance ... that shouldn't have been called

It was a terrible call by the official as pointed out by Jimmy Johnson
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

brownelvis54

Aside from banks........ seems like the entire team quit
The KING is in the building

killarich

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 25, 2023, 06:17:13 PMI don't know. .....he wasn't drafted for a reason. Also, I would not mind burning a late draft pick on a quarterback to develop into our back up we might strike gold you never know, but I think Devito is what DeVito is.

We have had worse backups

Taylor is probably the best we had in a while...but he single handily lost us the game vs the bills .... The drop off if there even is from Taylor to Devito isn't worth it ... just let Devito ride out the season ...

At worst he sucks and we the opportunity to draft a qb or Harrison

killarich

Quote from: sooners56 on December 25, 2023, 06:16:12 PMAzeez containment is lacking

He needs to be a situational pass rusher ...we need one more pass rusher

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

killarich

No point in playing safe ... this is a gift...go for 7