News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Our team is poorly coached

Started by brownelvis54, December 25, 2023, 06:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooklyn Dave

The coach out there who I would consider firing Daboll for is Jim Harbaugh but I doubt he would come here . If Bellichik would give up his total control , I would seriously consider him with Schoen continuing as GM

Blue Since ‘62

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 25, 2023, 08:26:02 PMI think Daboll is doing the best he can with the talent he has, I'm not sure any other head coach is doing any better.

This to me is the key. The talent evaluation on this team has been poor for a good while now. I'm not just talking about first rounders; other teams seem to find second, third and fourth rounders who step in and help immediately. This team should be able to find those players too.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 25, 2023, 08:30:46 PMYear three of a rebuild and it looks like three more years..

When you've consistently sucked for a decade there is no such thing as a "rebuild" anymore.

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

katkavage

Messiah717

Devito isn't the answer to anything but unfortunately his momentum was ruined by horrific coaching and play calling.

jgrangers2

Quote from: Messiah717 on December 25, 2023, 08:59:32 PMDevito isn't the answer to anything but unfortunately his momentum was ruined by horrific coaching and play calling.

If you ranked our personnel compared to the Eagles and Cowboys, in what areas are we not coming in third?

Messiah717

Quote from: jgrangers2 on December 25, 2023, 09:22:32 PMIf you ranked our personnel compared to the Eagles and Cowboys, in what areas are we not coming in third?

It has been the case for years.  That's why the moral victory stuff needs to stop. 

Messiah717

7-15-1 in their last 23 games.  It is what it is regardless of that playoff win.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Messiah717 on December 25, 2023, 09:24:58 PMIt has been the case for years.  That's why the moral victory stuff needs to stop. 

No one is saying that one should be content with the outcome. But at least from my perspective, if you've got to point fingers, pointing them at the coach whose team punched way above it's weight feels inaccurate.

T200

Quote from: Messiah717 on December 25, 2023, 08:20:08 PMBecause some of us are tired of a decade of moral victories.
Then at least make an argument that has some legs. Calling out the coaching after a game like this is akin to blaming the Giants fans for not showing up to support the team.

If Daboll's voice was ignored by this team, they would have mailed it in. Instead, they fought their asses off and were close to pulling an upset. That's not a coaching issue.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Messiah717

Quote from: T200 on December 25, 2023, 10:21:41 PMThen at least make an argument that has some legs. Calling out the coaching after a game like this is akin to blaming the Giants fans for not showing up to support the team.

If Daboll's voice was ignored by this team, they would have mailed it in. Instead, they fought their asses off and were close to pulling an upset. That's not a coaching issue.

And last week was a complete no show effort against New Orleans. 

T200

Quote from: Messiah717 on December 25, 2023, 10:26:31 PMAnd last week was a complete no show effort against New Orleans. 
What are your expectations of an offense with a 3rd string undrafted FA rookie starting behind the 32nd-ranked offense in the league?

Daboll is the HC and ultimately responsible. I lay the blame primarily at the feet of Kafka. He's been atrocious this year. Madden pick-a-play could call a better game than him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

Quote from: Messiah717 on December 25, 2023, 08:20:08 PMBecause some of us are tired of a decade of moral victories.

It's unreasonable to walk into that game expecting to win or really even have it be close. The fact that it was is a sign of excellent coaching.