News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

SI Article: 4 Players Who Will be Gone - Others questionable

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 09, 2024, 11:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: RelaxTension on January 09, 2024, 01:14:08 PMAzeez Ojulari has another year on his contract.
Why does anyone think he will be cut with a salary of $2.1 million?
And a savings of about $1.6MM if they cut him.

coggs

I would also put Cordell Flott $933K savings with $496k dead money. Aaron Robinson $1.3MM savings with $275K dead money. And, Carlos Basham Jr, $1.4MM savings with no dead money, as likely cuts.

uconnjack8

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 09, 2024, 08:35:52 PMI thought Flott had a pretty good year overall

Plus, I can't see them hitting the ejector button after just 2 seasons
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

brownelvis54

I would let Tyrod walk IF we can get Gardner Minshew. He will be a FA after the season AND is younger than Taylor. We could build our team and have him place hold until we get our QB

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/gardner-minshew-29226/market-value/
The KING is in the building

RelaxTension

Quote from: Stringer Bell on January 09, 2024, 01:47:17 PMBecause he's constantly injured and a waste of a roster spot?

He's going to be sort of playing next season for the Giants.
The injuries are crazy with him along a few other players but the money he is owed is minor for the few games he will play average at a position the team is lacking.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

RelaxTension

Quote from: coggs on January 09, 2024, 08:16:46 PMI would also put Cordell Flott $933K savings with $496k dead money. Aaron Robinson $1.3MM savings with $275K dead money. And, Carlos Basham Jr, $1.4MM savings with no dead money, as likely cuts.

Flott is going to be on the team next season and possibly the starting slot CB.
Your take on this makes no sense but who knows we will see come September later this year.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

TDToomer

Quote from: coggs on January 09, 2024, 08:16:46 PMI would also put Cordell Flott $933K savings with $496k dead money. Aaron Robinson $1.3MM savings with $275K dead money. And, Carlos Basham Jr, $1.4MM savings with no dead money, as likely cuts.

They are not giving up on Flott a 2022 draft pick making under a Million who played a significant role on D!  =))
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

coggs

Quote from: RelaxTension on January 10, 2024, 07:51:26 AMFlott is going to be on the team next season and possibly the starting slot CB.
Your take on this makes no sense but who knows we will see come September later this year.
Flott is not good and terrible against the run.  If he is anything but depth and I mean the 2nd-3rd guy off the bench, it is not a good sign.

Jolly Blue Giant

Two players: Cam Brown and Carter Coughlin announced this morning on social media that they are not returning to the Giants. Doesn't say whether they were told they were cut or that they decided to search for a new home as their own decision
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 10, 2024, 10:38:13 AMTwo players: Cam Brown and Carter Coughlin announced this morning on social media that they are not returning to the Giants. Doesn't say whether they were told they were cut or that they decided to search for a new home as their own decision

Aren't there contracts up?  Perhaps the team told them they will not be offering them a contract.