News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A Trip Down Big Blue Memory Lane

Started by MightyGiants, February 14, 2024, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

In 1984 the seeds were planted and the team was just learning how to win. It took baby set ps but the defense was already strong and the offense, and Simms, was finding its way. Earnest Gray, a really underrated WR. Gosh if he were playing on our team today he might be our #1.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 06, 2024, 02:42:48 PMhttps://x.com/BigBlueVCR/status/1798784419987063294

This is really great stuff!!! The "turning point" in Giant history when George Young, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Ron Erhardt and Johnny Parker and the team finally turned the corner and the Giants were no longer the doormat of the NFC East. This game had been brewing for a long, long time and payback to the Redskins, in the form of a 37-13 whipping was one of the biggest highlights of the 1984 season. In fact, the 1984 season remains one of my all-time favorites in their 100-year history because it was the first time, in all my years following the Giants, where the Giants attained retribution on division rivals, such as this Redskins game, sweeping Dallas, and no team could take them for granted anymore.

On a side note, I laughed about the Ali Haji-Sheikh @gobloo6 link. I went to his site and found a few old Giants clips, to include this forgettable one against Philadelphia on opening day 1984:

https://x.com/gobloo6/status/1599906319590653959

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)