News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Former GM Randy Mueller UFA 150 big board

Started by MightyGiants, February 20, 2024, 12:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

It's at the Athletic (a pay site)

Here is where he ranks the Giants FAs

5  Saquon Barkley
14  Xavier McKinney
54  A'Shawn Robinson
103 Tyrod Taylor
142 Adoree' Jackson

https://theathletic.com/5280918/2024/02/19/free-agency-rankings-nfl-best-available/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

I'm fine with all 5 walking.

I'd offer Saquon a James Conner contract (3 years, $21 million) and not a penny more.

Not even going to bother with McKinney, as someone will pay him top 8 safety money (Marcus Williams, 5 years, $70 million), and they'd be insane to shell out that kind of money for a safety.

Robinson's replacement can be found in the 4th or 5th round at a fraction of the cost.

There are a half-dozen or more backup QBs available who could provide comparable performance to TT at a lesser cost.

Jackson is the only one I'd be OK re-signing, but only if it was for 2 years max at a nickel CB rate. Otherwise, draft a CB and roll with Banks, Hawkins, Flott and draft pick.

kingm56

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 20, 2024, 03:53:38 PMI'm fine with all 5 walking.

I'd offer Saquon a James Conner contract (3 years, $21 million) and not a penny more.

Not even going to bother with McKinney, as someone will pay him top 8 safety money (Marcus Williams, 5 years, $70 million), and they'd be insane to shell out that kind of money for a safety.

Robin son's replacement can be found in the 4th or 5th rough at a fraction of the cost.

There are a half-dozen or more backup QBs available who could provide comparable performance at a lesser cost.

Jackson is the only one I'd be OK re-signing, but only if it was for 2 years max at a nickel CB rate. Otherwise, draft a CB and roll with Banks, Hawkins, Flott and draft pick.

I agree with your notion, as it relates to Barkley, Stinger.  In short, the 2024 market is over-saturated with RB and less conducive to Barclay securing a long-term deal. This year he's competing against Henry, Jacob's, Eckler, pollard and Swift for contracts. In fact, the Giants would be foolish to franchise him as he is unlikely to find a $12 million deal anywhere; it's more likely the Giants can get two years of service for slightly more than $12 million. Barkley really hampered himself by not accepting the three-year deal presented last year, and the Giants are under no obligation to compensate him for his mistakes.