News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Strands anyone?

Started by Ed Vette, March 11, 2024, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Strands #130
"Loaded lunch"
💡🔵🔵💡
🔵🔵🔵🟡
🔵

Ed Vette

Strands #130
"Loaded lunch"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #131
"Auto suggestion"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #131
"Auto suggestion"
🔵🔵🟡🔵
💡🔵🔵🔵

DaveBrown74

Strands #132
"Hello kitty"
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Strands #132
"Hello kitty"
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🟡🔵💡
🔵
Not my forte
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 13, 2024, 07:00:45 AMStrands #132
"Hello kitty"
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🟡🔵💡
🔵
Not my forte

We have two cats and have had cats before.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 13, 2024, 08:08:22 AMWe have two cats and have had cats before.
Cat question. We went out to dinner with another couple a few months back. My friend's wife in conversation said that cats hate her. All cats. At that moment, a cat was heard screeching from a back room of the restaurant. It was the strangest thing. Can you explain that? 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 13, 2024, 12:42:18 PMCat question. We went out to dinner with another couple a few months back. My friend's wife in conversation said that cats hate her. All cats. At that moment, a cat was heard screeching from a back room of the restaurant. It was the strangest thing. Can you explain that? 

Haha.

While it would be fun to speculate that this cat had ESP or was some reincarnated shape-shifting person in a past life or something like that, I suspect it is down to cats understanding a couple of basic words, or at least associating things with the sounds of those words. Our cats definitely know the word "food" (they perk up excitedly if my wife or I says "ok guys it's time for some food"), and I think they know the word "cat" too, because I have said that word on numerous occasions and the female one in particular often jumps up and starts meowing for no other apparent reason.

I suspect that's it. Either that, or (especially if the cat was out of earshot), the cat started screeching for some other totally unrelated reason, such as seeing a mouse, or perhaps a restaurant staffer accidentally stepping on its tail, etc.

DaveBrown74

Not exactly a banner effort on my part today.

I know I'm not allowed to say why, but let's just say I'm a little distracted with current events...

How can I be expected to see the open word downfield when I have no time to survey the board and find the open word?      =))  =))  =))  =))

Strands #133
"Say my name"
💡🔵🔵🔵
🔵💡🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Strands #133
"Say my name"
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵💡
🔵🔵
Hit the button by accident because the last two were on the bottom left.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #134
"Give it the ol' college try"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 15, 2024, 05:48:00 AMStrands #134
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵
Nice!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #134
💡🔵🟡🔵
🔵💡🔵💡
🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #135
"Were you raised in a barn?"
💡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵