News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Strands anyone?

Started by Ed Vette, March 11, 2024, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Strands #135
"Were you raised in a barn?"
💡🔵🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🔵
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #136
"Park place"
💡🔵💡🔵
🔵🔵🟡🔵
🔵
Well, that should have been easier. Duh
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #137
"At your fingertips"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Strands #137
"At your fingertips"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵🔵
Less than a minute. An easy one.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 18, 2024, 07:17:22 AMStrands #137
"At your fingertips"
🟡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵🔵
Less than a minute. An easy one.

Same here. Maybe my fastest in this one ever.

Ed Vette

Strands #138
"And the Oscar goes to ..."
💡🔵🔵💡
🔵💡🔵💡
🔵🟡🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #138
"And the Oscar goes to ..."
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Strands #139
"A seat at the table"
💡🔵🔵🔵
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Strands #139
"A seat at the table"
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🟡🔵🔵🔵

DaveBrown74

I know close to nothing about this subject.

Strands #140
"S-words? (a cutting-edge theme!)"
💡🔵🔵🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
🟡🔵

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 21, 2024, 06:05:30 AMI know close to nothing about this subject.

Strands #140
💡🔵🔵🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
🟡🔵
Strands #140
💡💡🔵🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🔵💡🟡
🔵
I knew even less.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 21, 2024, 09:44:51 AMStrands #140
💡💡🔵🔵
💡🔵💡🔵
💡🔵💡🟡
🔵
I knew even less.

I'm not even sure that's the case. I played around with letters and eventually found a couple words I didn't know were part of this category.

A bit silly of them to put this obscure of a subject in this game. I would guess the percentage of NY Times readers who legitimately know all of these words (as they apply to the category) is well below 10%.

DaveBrown74

Strands #141
"Make waves"
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🟡🔵🔵

Ed Vette

Strands #141
"Make waves"
🔵🔵🟡🔵
🔵🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Strands #142
"You're the best!"
🔵🔵🟡🔵
🔵🔵
~ Coach Tom Coughlin