News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bellinger vs Theo Johnson

Started by MightyGiants, May 12, 2024, 07:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

If Bellinger returns to rookie year production and Johnson can replicate that, I'd be very happy and more weapons for the QB is useful.

However, if both replicate last year's version of Bellinger, that's not massively useful.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on May 12, 2024, 09:23:22 AMIf Bellinger returns to rookie year production and Johnson can replicate that, I'd be very happy and more weapons for the QB is useful.

However, if both replicate last year's version of Bellinger, that's not massively useful.

Bellinger needs to focus less on his biceps and more on making an NFL body
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2024, 09:26:00 AMBellinger needs to focus less on his biceps and more on making an NFL body

Maybe so.

I suspect (but don't have the stats) that he took far fewer targets in camp, and the season generally, with addition of Waller.

Bellinger reminds me of Kevin Boss and to a lesser degree, Jake Ballard. I think he just needs the ball. Hopefully Johnson is on that ilk too.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on May 12, 2024, 09:27:32 AMMaybe so.

I suspect (but don't have the stats) that he took far fewer targets in camp, and the season generally, with addition of Waller.

Bellinger reminds me of Kevin Boss and to a lesser degree, Jake Ballard. I think he just needs the ball. Hopefully Johnson is on that ilk too.

Yeah, he took fewer targets in camp, but he didn't step up when Waller got hurt and he had a chance to shine
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2024, 09:28:42 AMYeah, he took fewer targets in camp, but he didn't step up when Waller got hurt and he had a chance to shine

True, and it's not a Jones issue - nor am I intimating that - he played with all 3 QBs.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on May 12, 2024, 09:30:59 AMTrue, and it's not a Jones issue - nor am I intimating that - he played with all 3 QBs.

I wouldn't think you would consider this a Daniel Jones issue because Bellinger shined with DJ as QB in 2022.  That was until he sustained a serious eye injury.  Bellinger never was the same when he returned from that injury in 2022 and didn't regain his rookie magic in 2023
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Pretty wild to me how much faster Bellinger's 10byard split is but Johnson ran a better 40 time. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 12, 2024, 09:37:45 AMPretty wild to me how much faster Bellinger's 10byard split is but Johnson ran a better 40 time. 

I will take the 10-yard split over the 40 times when it comes to tight ends.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Look at how close many of those differences are yet produce big differences in RAS.

Philosophers

Theo Johnson has a great opportunity to leapfrog Bellinger who showed nothing last season.  Be healthy, be a beast blocking and be a threat all over the field. 

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2024, 09:28:42 AMYeah, he took fewer targets in camp, but he didn't step up when Waller got hurt and he had a chance to shine

The Giants did not target him consistently whatsoever. That's not on him. That's on Jones or the game plan or both.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on May 12, 2024, 10:17:42 AMThe Giants did not target him consistently whatsoever. That's not on him. That's on Jones or the game plan or both.

Jones had 160 passing attempts, while Taylor and DeVito had 358 attempts (combined).  Why are you blaming Daniel Jones for Bellinger's short comings?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

For the Giants to be successful, they can't be a one read offense due to poor pass blocking.  If OL blocks successfully then DJ must read everything and let it fly.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on May 12, 2024, 10:17:42 AMThe Giants did not target him consistently whatsoever. That's not on him. That's on Jones or the game plan or both.

How could it be on Jones when he didn't play in the games Waller missed?  This is exactly what I meant when I talked about fact bias.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll