News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

2024 schedule

Started by LennG, May 13, 2024, 08:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

So, the wait is almost over. This Wednesday, the 2024 schedule will be released and we can see when and where we are playing whom.
Let's hope we do not begin, for the umpteenth time, against Dallas. Please, give us a break. 

It has been announced that the opening regular season game will be Chiefs/Ravens rematch of the AFC championship game and then the Eagles play the Packers on the following night from Brazil.  (only on Peacock, except in GB and Philly).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-announces-2024-season-opener/ar-BB1mjO4I?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=029f49d056034b388537ea2055d93d80&ei=71

So, who do we open against?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

EDjohnst1981

Dallas starts against the Browns per Fox Sports, so it won't be them.

y_so_blu

Bet you they start us off against the Eagles this time.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: y_so_blu on May 13, 2024, 10:37:50 PMBet you they start us off against the Eagles this time.

The Eagles are playing the Packers in Brazil following the Ravens-Chiefs openung night so it won't be the Eagles

MightyGiants

I would like to see the Giants face the Commanders early.  They added a lot of talent and it would be nice to face them before they have a chance to fully gel
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Giants are not on any national spotlight as a rising team deemed worthy to watch.  My bet is a similar type team.

kartanoman

For what it is worth, the Giants "Strength of Schedule" Ranks #6 in terms of "toughness" at 0.516.

Every team's Strength of Schedule

In the NFC East:

Giants: T#6 (0.516)
Cowboys: T#12 (0.505)
Commanders: T#16 (0.502)
Eagles: T#21 (0.491)

As if the Giants don't have their work cut out for them within their own walls. But, that's your reward for finishing third in your division.

Whiskey tango foxtrot, over?

:confused:

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Trench

Makes no sense to me. Our team stinks and yet our schedule is harder than teams who are clearly better.

LennG

Quote from: Trench on May 14, 2024, 01:37:21 PMMakes no sense to me. Our team stinks and yet our schedule is harder than teams who are clearly better.

The main reason is our division. We play the Cowpukes and the Iggles twice each so our strength of schedule is harder than the said Cowpukles and Iggles as they play the weak-assed Giants twice.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

coggs

This used to be my 3rd favorite day of the year.  But now, I can't really plan or think about which games I want to attend until I have my kid's activity schedule for the fall.  So, now it is just a tease.

coggs

Quote from: Trench on May 14, 2024, 01:37:21 PMMakes no sense to me. Our team stinks and yet our schedule is harder than teams who are clearly better.
14 of the 17 games are pre-determined.  The other 3 are based on how you finish in your division.

H-Town G-Fan

Schedule is released.

Rough stretch early on with Cleveland, Dallas, Seattle, Cincinnati, and Philly over a five-week span. Need to start strong against Minnesota and Washington then carve out 2-3 wins from that difficult portion to have a realistic shot down the stretch.

kingm56

Thanks Lenn and H-Town!

bamagiantfan

They could start out 3-0, but 3-5 also looks possible. A lot of winnable games on the back end. It will be interesting. 

How many more days until the first kickoff?  :boldblue:

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on May 15, 2024, 10:41:29 AMSchedule is released.

Rough stretch early on with Cleveland, Dallas, Seattle, Cincinnati, and Philly over a five-week span. Need to start strong against Minnesota and Washington then carve out 2-3 wins from that difficult portion to have a realistic shot down the stretch.
If this is true, it's about as good as it gets.