News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string DBs from yesterday's practice

Started by MightyGiants, May 24, 2024, 10:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan has a great article if you subscribe to the Athletic.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5516057/2024/05/23/new-york-giants-practice-daniel-jones-week-1/?source=emp_shared_article

For those that don't, I found the DB lines rather interesting

1st String

CB Deonte Banks, CB Cor'Dale Flott, CB Nick McCloud (slot), S Jason Pinnock, S Dane Belton.

2nd String

CB Tre Hawkins, CB Darnay Holmes, CB Andru Phillips (slot), S Tyler Nubin, S Gervarrius Owens.

3rd String

CB Kaleb Hayes, CB Alex Johnson, CB David Long (slot), S Jalen Mills, S Gervarrius Owens.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Belton has always seemed ill-suited to play any type of free safety role.  He played the Cash (hybrid LB/SS) role in college.  I see him and Pinnock as more similar players therefore I believe Nubin will eventually replace Belton.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on May 24, 2024, 11:00:20 AMBelton has always seemed ill-suited to play any type of free safety role.  He played the Cash (hybrid LB/SS) role in college.  I see him and Pinnock as more similar players therefore I believe Nubin will eventually replace Belton.
They are just making him earn it.

What is perplexing is McCloud ending last season as cb2 along with flott in the slot but now they're switched. McCloud is stiff but with this d you have to have a slot that can tackle.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 24, 2024, 02:08:20 PMThey are just making him earn it.

What is perplexing is McCloud ending last season as cb2 along with flott in the slot but now they're switched. McCloud is stiff but with this d you have to have a slot that can tackle.

Three possibilities

1) these are the player's best positions

2). They are trying to light a fire under Hawkins by pumping up Flott

3)  the whole draft status thing
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I am not a fan of all the constant. position switching.