News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DJ is PFF’s Bounce-Back candidate for NYG

Started by MightyGiants, May 26, 2024, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

NEW YORK GIANTS: QB DANIEL JONES

There might not be a more polarizing player in the league than Jones and his four-year, $160 million contract. Suffering a neck injury and an ACL tear before Week 9 last year didn't help his case.

Jones' 63.0 overall grade in 2023 was the lowest in his NFL tenure, and he was very hot or cold throughout the season. His games at Arizona and Miami were outstanding, but he struggled mightily against Las Vegas, Dallas and Seattle. Nonetheless, Jones was still a strong runner all around, putting forth a second straight year with a running grade of 82.2 or better.

The former No. 6 overall might not be a world-beater this year, but expect more consistency than he exhibited a year ago. If nothing else, his 4.1% turnover-worthy play rate will probably look more like it did from 2020-22. Adding Malik Nabers to the fray is a reason to project upward trends.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-bounce-back-candidates-all-32-nfl-teams-2024
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Fair enough assessment. With fewer injuries than last year, the offense might surprise us (in a good way). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

He would be my candidate too. There is no player on the team who had a bigger 2022 to 2023 performance dip than Jones, so he is the most obvious candidate for a bounce-back as he has the most room to bounce back.

The more interesting question for me is whether he can be better in 2024 than he was in 2022. Being materially better than 2023 practically goes without saying. There is no way Jones is nearly as bad as he was in 2023.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 26, 2024, 12:26:59 PMHe would be my candidate too. There is no player on the team who had a bigger 2022 to 2023 performance dip than Jones, so he is the most obvious candidate for a bounce-back as he has the most room to bounce back.

The more interesting question for me is whether he can be better in 2024 than he was in 2022. Being materially better than 2023 practically goes without saying. There is no way Jones is nearly as bad as he was in 2023.

I really hope so. And I also hope I will be coming on here admitting I was totally wrong about the guy if he lights it up

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 26, 2024, 12:26:59 PMHe would be my candidate too. There is no player on the team who had a bigger 2022 to 2023 performance dip than Jones, so he is the most obvious candidate for a bounce-back as he has the most room to bounce back.

Adding an elite WR in Malik (won't you be my NABOR), may just do that.

I'm hoping Malik has the same impact on DJ's stats as OBJ had on Eli Manning's numbers from 2014-2016.

However, only time will tell.