News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Here's a thought- What if the Giants are prepping Jones to trade him?

Started by BluesCruz, May 28, 2024, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

We might offer him and half his remaining contract in cash....or even pay it completely.  We have to pay his guaranteed money anyway stay or go.

Maybe the secret plan is to have Lock and DeVito fight it out after Jones has left for greener pastures.  I don't think Jones temeperment is well suited to NY.  He might be happier and thrive elsewhere

I know this sounds whacky, but it makes sense.  There is little likelihood Jones will be brought back next year anyway.  We might even get a late draft pick in the deal.

Is this a possibility?  I could actually see Jerry Jones wanting to put pressure on DAK and have Jones be there to step in if DAK gets hurt.

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

President Rick

if someone wants DJ they can wait to see if we cut him.  no one wants that $40 mil. tab.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

"Prepping" as you put it, so he will then have greater trade value? C'mon, get real for a change.

Cheers!

BluesCruz

Quote from: President Rick on May 28, 2024, 08:13:24 AMif someone wants DJ they can wait to see if we cut him.  no one wants that $40 mil. tab.

The Giants could pick up Half or most of that tab
They have to pay the guaranteed money out one way or another

on the other hand they have 2 relatively inexpensive but capable QBs riding the pine

this route might at least gain a late round draft choice or another player in exchange

Do I think it will happen- NO.  Not our style

Gmo11

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 28, 2024, 02:06:24 PMThe Giants could pick up Half or most of that tab
They have to pay the guaranteed money out one way or another

on the other hand they have 2 relatively inexpensive but capable QBs riding the pine

this route might at least gain a late round draft choice or another player in exchange

Do I think it will happen- NO.  Not our style

So the Giants would be paying Jones to play for another team?  I have that as...unreasonable.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Gmo11 on May 28, 2024, 02:39:14 PMSo the Giants would be paying Jones to play for another team?  I have that as...unreasonable.

if he plays like last year it will be a blessing

FL GMAN

I rarely post but I have to ask, don't you get tired of the endless Jones bash and Devito
coronation.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: FL GMAN on May 28, 2024, 06:24:34 PMI rarely post but I have to ask, don't you get tired of the endless Jones bash and Devito
coronation.

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Jolly Blue Giant

The only way Giants trade DJ is if they draft a "ringer", or think they have one. DJ's the man until a proven replacement is in hand. Sooo...might as well root for DJ to have a good (even great) year this coming season, cuz he ain't going anywhere without a better replacement...and we don't have one
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 29, 2024, 01:02:22 PMThe only way Giants trade DJ is if they draft a "ringer", or think they have one. DJ's the man until a proven replacement is in hand. Sooo...might as well root for DJ to have a good (even great) year this coming season, cuz he ain't going anywhere without a better replacement...and we don't have one

All true
However I'm racking my mind to recall a QB who had a mediocre career and was trending downward after 5 yrs in the league, then turned it around.   Maybe Geno Smith

Can Daniel Jones follow in Geno's footsteps.  Maybe but I doubt it.  And we had Geno on the roster

Im fairly certain we have seen Jones as he truly is..... We made a mistake.  Admit it, rectify it. No one should be given 5 years of failure and then

We let Geno walk after the whole Eli fiasco, and let the HC- Ben MacAdoo, who had recently taken us to 11-5 go instead.   now it appears Tommy DeVito will be lost like Geno was.

I can see another conundrum coming where Jones does not improve and another HC walks the plank for his QB decisions.

I hope I'm wrong.  I truly want to see us back in the hunt this year.

Painter

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 28, 2024, 07:19:51 PMWhy create the thread then?

Just curious.

Why? It wouldn't be hard to guess, but would it really matter? On the other hand, it might be more interesting to think about prepping Linguini with Clam Sauce so it tastes more like Spaghetti Bolognaise.

Cheers!

todge

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 29, 2024, 03:35:53 PMAll true
However I'm racking my mind to recall a QB who had a mediocre career and was trending downward after 5 yrs in the league, then turned it around.   Maybe Geno Smith

Can Daniel Jones follow in Geno's footsteps.  Maybe but I doubt it.  And we had Geno on the roster

Im fairly certain we have seen Jones as he truly is..... We made a mistake.  Admit it, rectify it. No one should be given 5 years of failure and then

We let Geno walk after the whole Eli fiasco, and let the HC- Ben MacAdoo, who had recently taken us to 11-5 go instead.   now it appears Tommy DeVito will be lost like Geno was.

I can see another conundrum coming where Jones does not improve and another HC walks the plank for his QB decisions.

I hope I'm wrong.  I truly want to see us back in the hunt this year.
Jones did not have five years of failure. He had a stellar rookie season throwing for 23 TDs and rose to 5th in the league in QBR until his offense disintegrated around him. In 2022, he led his team to a road playoff victory. The other years were marred by injuries as well as pathetic OL play and a very mediocre WR crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamagiantfan

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)