News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Steve Smith Sr at Giants OTA camp

Started by MightyGiants, May 30, 2024, 01:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Love that.  Players seem to respond to former players who were very good.

kartanoman

Steve Smith Jr., for all of his talking during his career, backed it with tremendous effort and practiced more than everyone on his team. That he attends NFL camps, such as the Giants, to coach up the young receivers is a gift and blessing for these kids who can look up to him as an example of how to make it in the NFL and, also, have someone they can always turn to as a big brother of sorts.

We may have despised him as an opponent who tore the Giants up in his heyday; however, to see this dynamic of the man, the person who cares about helping the youngsters breaking in, regardless of the team, is one of the positive stories the NFL should be proud of and lucky to have a man of this character to channel his desire to coach in this unique manner.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AZGiantFan

His Nabers eval starts at 6:06.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on May 30, 2024, 02:21:42 PMSteve Smith Jr., for all of his talking during his career, backed it with tremendous effort and practiced more than everyone on his team. That he attends NFL camps, such as the Giants, to coach up the young receivers is a gift and blessing for these kids who can look up to him as an example of how to make it in the NFL and, also, have someone they can always turn to as a big brother of sorts.

We may have despised him as an opponent who tore the Giants up in his heyday; however, to see this dynamic of the man, the person who cares about helping the youngsters breaking in, regardless of the team, is one of the positive stories the NFL should be proud of and lucky to have a man of this character to channel his desire to coach in this unique manner.

Peace!

The funny thing is, we're old.  We remember his career.  I wonder how much the young players know of him.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 30, 2024, 04:26:03 PMThe funny thing is, we're old.  We remember his career.  I wonder how much the young players know of him.

LOL! I keep forgetting that we're old and washed up and we look at SS Sr. as a youngster! Thank goodness for the NFL Films Archive, I guess!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)