News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What Waller has been up to

Started by MightyGiants, May 30, 2024, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

This may be harsh, but I'm hoping he gets a divorce from the Giants too.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

No matter where he plays, the boys are gonna tease. Whoa, whoa, whoaaa...
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Waller is a guy who has had a lot of highs in his life and a lot of lows. I hope he and his family land in a good place.

However I also hope our team lands in a good place, as it pertains to him. This saga around his retirement needs to play out.

Jclayton92

The audio tune is cranked to a 100.

Giant Obsession

My God, just cut this guy.   NOW.

He sure ain't all in about his profession.

I would rather see five more Daniel Jones threads than this guy's name in any association with the Giants.

If we can't do better than Waller for this team, then just blow it up and join the USFL.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on May 31, 2024, 08:48:48 AMMy God, just cut this guy.   NOW.

He sure ain't all in about his profession.

I would rather see five more Daniel Jones threads than this guy's name in any association with the Giants.

If we can't do better than Waller for this team, then just blow it up and join the USFL.

I have similar feelings.   If he has time and energy for his music...
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

I think it's fine for these guys to have interests and hobbies outside of football. For many of them, football may just be a job and their passion may lie somewhere else.

That being said, passions can't interfere with showing up for work and being ready to go when called upon. Does Waller making his music in the offseason mean he's distracted from his responsibilities to the Giants (should he not retire)? I certainly don't know. But at best, he's inviting scrutiny given he hasn't made a decision on retirement. That, in and of itself, it questionable decision-making to me.

Do whatever you want to do... but actually make the decision instead of floating around in a nebulous in-between.

spiderblue43

Remember when NFL players had to have jobs in the off-season, not teasing a musical career? They called Chuck  Bednarik, Concrete Charlie, cause that was his job after the season.
 :surprise:

uconnjack8

I don't care what he does in his free time.  I think its ridiculous he has kept the Giants in limbo this long.  I am sorry he went through or is going through a tough time, but its long past time to make a decision.  I am guessing there is some financial gain for the team if he retires versus being released. 

At this point, I suppose any outcome with him not playing for the Giants is a post 6/1.  Am I wrong about that?  If he is released Monday, can it be anything other than post 6/1?  11 million cap savings this year for that.

spiderblue43

Maybe Waller could try out for one of those reality show contests like Survivor.. :doh: Maybe not. Might get injured stepping on a sea shell.

AZGiantFan

OK, we've now moved into drama queen territory.  I am so over him.  His Hamlet act is just abusing the Giants' desire to look like good guys.  Kelce just dated Taylor Swift, Waller has turned into Taylor Swift.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

It's funny how fast love can turn to hate.

Just last offseason, most Giants fans were beyond excited about Waller. The viewed him as a major addition to the offense and the big play guy that the Giants had previous lacked.

Then he goes on to have a 2023 season that, quite frankly, was pretty similar to his 2022 and 2021 seasons.

Now everyone wants him to hit the bricks as fast as possible.

Funny how people talked themselves into believing that in 2023 they'd get the 2018/2019 version of Waller instead of the 2021/2022 version of Waller.

Reality is a bitch.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 31, 2024, 06:27:42 PMIt's funny how fast love can turn to hate.

Just last offseason, most Giants fans were beyond excited about Waller. The viewed him as a major addition to the offense and the big play guy that the Giants had previous lacked.

Then he goes on to have a 2023 season that, quite frankly, was pretty similar to his 2022 and 2021 season.

Now everyone wants him to hit the bricks as fast as possible.

Funny how people talked themselves into believing that in 2023 they'd get the 2018/2019 version of Waller instead of the 2021/2022 version of Waller.

Reality is a bitch.

Agreed.

If he decides to move on, and many hints in his few public communications suggest he very well might, then I wish him nothing but the very best with his life as he works through some difficult personal issues which are nothing to throw stones at.

For all intent and purpose, he's moved on and the Giants will make the announcement soon enough. @uconnjack8 nailed it as we'll find out post-June 1st whether or not the Giants will release him.

It's pretty clear the kid is in over his head with dealing with his personal stuff right now and football is not in the forefront. I sincerely hope he can get everything in order because he appears to be a really good guy with a passion for helping others. I wish him only the very best regardless of the decision he ultimately makes with returning or retiring.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

madbadger

This is getting old. Players are allowed to have interests outside of football. The dude is going through a very public divorce. Let him cope how ever he wants to.