News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does this catch by Hyatt remind you of someone?

Started by MightyGiants, May 31, 2024, 02:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Great catch obviously, but OBJ got absolutely mugged on his.

Jolly Blue Giant

Great catch, but short of OBJ's. OBJ caught the back of the ball after it already passed him. The only catch by a Giant that rivals OBJ's (IMHO) was Pinnock's ridiculous catch last year in camp...still short of OBJ's though

I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

Ed Vette

Lousy throw by Cutlets. Odell would practice one-handed catches in the end zone on FG attempts. On this catch, if Jalin caught in without tapping it back, he would have gone out of bounds. It was actually quite a remarkable catch. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ralphpal1

Trench

I worry that these one handed highlight catches can hand a negative effect and replace the traditional 2 hand catch

Philosophers

OBJ's catch was with back arched so much he looked like he'd snap it.

spiderblue43

Do the gloves NFL wrs all wear enhance one-handed grabs the media marvels at? It's almost getting routine every game. :o

MightyGiants

Quote from: spiderblue43 on June 02, 2024, 03:43:37 PMDo the gloves NFL wrs all wear enhance one-handed grabs the media marvels at? It's almost getting routine every game. :o

Those gloves certainly don't hurt

here's a good article on the topic

https://www.relentlesssports.co/blogs/custom-sports-gear/why-are-nfl-players-gloves-so-sticky-a-closer-look
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE