News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF top linebackers

Started by Jclayton92, May 31, 2024, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-top-32-2024-nfl-season

10. BOBBY OKEREKE, NEW YORK GIANTS
A career-high 78.9 PFF grade highlighted the best season of Okereke's career, his first with the Giants. The 2019 third-round draft pick ranked ninth at the position with an 82.5 PFF coverage grade, and he was one of the surest tacklers in the league, missing just 7.7% of his attempts

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 31, 2024, 08:15:50 PMhttps://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-top-32-2024-nfl-season

A career-high 78.9 PFF grade highlighted the best season of Okereke's career, his first with the Giants. The 2019 third-round draft pick ranked ninth at the position with an 82.5 PFF coverage grade, and he was one of the surest tacklers in the league, missing just 7.7% of his attempts

Bobby may be the best FA signing of Schoen's Giants career, to date.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sxdxca38

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 01, 2024, 07:52:52 AMBobby may be the best FA signing of Schoen's Giants career, to date.

I agree, but let's hope that he can repeat his great performance in 2024, and not regress.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 01, 2024, 07:52:52 AMBobby may be the best FA signing of Schoen's Giants career, to date.

I would say that is an accurate statement.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 31, 2024, 08:15:50 PMhttps://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-top-32-2024-nfl-season

I think his presence on this team was more beneficial to the rest of our players than some of the LB'ers with higher PFF grades. His hard-nose playing style is "catching" (like a virus) to the younger players around him. And I agree...the best signing of Schoen's career at the helm. That could change if Burns lives up to his hype though
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

BluesCruz

I wish they would give Coughlin more time at Lber too.  He is a sure tackler and has a nose for loose balls
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Philosophers

Will he continue to be used effectively under a new DC and scheme?

kingm56

That's a fair statement; he's solidly good every week.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on June 01, 2024, 02:18:15 PMWill he continue to be used effectively under a new DC and scheme?
I don't know that Bowen has ever had a legit MLB in his defense ever.

He comes from the Vrabel/Belichick D tree, so I expect Bobby OK to be used like Donta Hightower was in New England back in the day. Used as a versatile defender in the middle of the field that calls plays and can fill multiple roles.