News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants might not be perfect, but they are still better than the Jets

Started by MightyGiants, June 04, 2024, 11:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Not sure that I see much of an issue with "learning a new defense".  He is going to be used as a pass rusher.  That defense is one of the top units in the NFL and he will have a very specific role.

BluesCruz

Not so sure we are better than the Jets at this juncture

If Aaron Rodgers makes a comeback they might be the better team

We will see.  Its way too early to tell what either team will offer on the field

I'm no Jet fan but I wish them well.  It would be nice to face them in the SB
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on June 04, 2024, 11:18:53 AMNot sure that I see much of an issue with "learning a new defense".  He is going to be used as a pass rusher.  That defense is one of the top units in the NFL and he will have a very specific role.

Here is former GM

https://x.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1798029999758622963

Here is another former GM

https://x.com/RandyMueller_/status/1798007188931391951
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 04, 2024, 01:43:03 PMHere is former GM

https://x.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1798029999758622963

Here is another former GM

https://x.com/RandyMueller_/status/1798007188931391951

Rich I would agree that the seeming disconnect between the GM and HC is troublesome, but as long as the player shows up I think he will do fine.

katkavage

The Giants offensive line was better than the Jets last season and Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than those who played for the Jets last year. But that's about it. Not sure what the point is here.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: katkavage on June 05, 2024, 09:37:15 AMThe Giants offensive line was better than the Jets last season and Tyrod Taylor was a better QB than those who played for the Jets last year. But that's about it. Not sure what the point is here.

I have to question the claim that the Giants OL was better than the Jets.  The Jets gave up 25% fewer sacks, and had a slightly lower YPC than the Giants did, despite the Giants having Barkley.

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

The Giants might not be perfect, but they are still better than the Jets

Offensive line aside, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of our team to be "better than the Jets", a perennial cellar-dwelling team. I don't wish the Jets and bad will, but the Giants are NYC's team, just like the Knicks are NYC's team. Being better than your little brother is not an endorsement when your little brother isn't exactly going anywhere

My solution: Since the Jets contract with MetLife Stadium expires, I suggest the Giants sell them the stadium outright and have the billionaire Mara family build a world-class stadium in the great state of New York. Sure it will cost billions, but Mara isn't exactly going to take it with him when he buys the farm. Here's a great opportunity for him to build "Mara Stadium" that rivals the great stadiums being built by lesser franchises around this country

My view of Mara (I certainly don't hate the guy, just thinking he should pay back to the community that made him a billionaire):

I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 05, 2024, 01:43:16 PMThe Giants might not be perfect, but they are still better than the Jets

Offensive line aside, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of our team to be "better than the Jets", a perennial cellar-dwelling team. I don't wish the Jets and bad will, but the Giants are NYC's team, just like the Knicks are NYC's team. Being better than your little brother is not an endorsement when your little brother isn't exactly going anywhere

My solution: Since the Jets contract with MetLife Stadium expires, I suggest the Giants sell them the stadium outright and have the billionaire Mara family build a world-class stadium in the great state of New York. Sure it will cost billions, but Mara isn't exactly going to take it with him when he buys the farm. Here's a great opportunity for him to build "Mara Stadium" that rivals the great stadiums being built by lesser franchises around this country

My view of Mara (I certainly don't hate the guy, just thinking he should pay back to the community that made him a billionaire):

The rich don't think like we do.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll