News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Launched It!

Started by Trench, June 04, 2024, 01:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: madbadger on June 04, 2024, 01:27:01 PMIt's a one on one practice route. Where is he supposed to look?

madb: You're right to point that out, but I took the remark by @Trench to be a suggestion that there is no better time to practice looking elsewhere before throwing than during practice when there is no chance of being hit, etc. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Painter on June 05, 2024, 02:20:20 PMAll this QB coaching expertise going to waste; what a shame. Can someone here get DJ's email address so he won't have to remain deprived of it?

Cheers!

Quite amazing how fans with no NFL experience can pick up on things the coaches miss.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on June 05, 2024, 03:17:18 PMQuite amazing how fans with no NFL experience can pick up on things the coaches miss.

I'll be sure to save both of these quotes the next time either of you two opine on a subject. Don't know why you feel the need to mock an opinion of another fan?...I have been crystal clear and stated if I am wrong then I will be the first to admit it. But regarding Jones and looking off a DB, we DO SEE OTHER QBs practicing this - and as Rich pointed out, we know Daboll has done some work within this area.

Based on that, it's fair to question why it is not done more frequently. All we asked was why can't a beat reporter ask it and out the issue to bed?

madbadger

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 05, 2024, 03:03:49 PMmadb: You're right to point that out, but I took the remark by @Trench to be a suggestion that there is no better time to practice looking elsewhere before throwing than during practice when there is no chance of being hit, etc. Bob

If that's the most pressing need right now I'd agree. As it is it's probably 10th on the list of issues in his game and it's still only OTA's.

Trench

Quote from: madbadger on June 05, 2024, 03:54:38 PMIf that's the most pressing need right now I'd agree. As it is it's probably 10th on the list of issues in his game and it's still only OTA's.

I place it among the highest of priorities for him

madbadger

Quote from: Trench on June 05, 2024, 04:28:10 PMI place it among the highest of priorities for him

Higher than not fumbling, missing wide open receivers, not throwing interceptions, than taking unnecessary hits, than not developing an internal clock?

Trench

Quote from: madbadger on June 05, 2024, 06:09:29 PMHigher than not fumbling, missing wide open receivers, not throwing interceptions, than taking unnecessary hits, than not developing an internal clock?

Fair enough. You are right. But can we at least agree it's a huge issue that likely contributes to many of the things u stated like fumbling and interceptions

sxdxca38

Quote from: madbadger on June 05, 2024, 06:09:29 PMHigher than not fumbling, missing wide open receivers, not throwing interceptions, than taking unnecessary hits, than not developing an internal clock?

Hi

In some of your points I will agree with you, and in some of them I will disagree with you.

In 2022 Daniel Jones only had six fumbles the entire year.

In 2022 He only had five interceptions.

In 2023 He had four fumbles.

And in 2023 he had six interceptions, however three of those picks hit the receivers right on the hands and they popped the balls up resulting in picks, which is not his fault.

Areas that I agree with you that he needs to work on.

Not taking unnecessary hits, and working on speeding up his internal clock, but the other areas I believe he's ironed them out.

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on June 05, 2024, 07:54:51 PMHi

In some of your points I will agree with you, and in some of them I will disagree with you.

And in 2023 he had six interceptions, however three of those picks hit the receivers right on the hands and they popped the balls up resulting in picks, which is not his fault.

Not taking unnecessary hits, and working on speeding up his internal clock, but the other areas I believe he's ironed them out.

But didn't he play in a lot less games in 2023??

madbadger

Quote from: sxdxca38 on June 05, 2024, 07:54:51 PMHi

I'd counter that he cut his fumbles by running the second he felt the slightest bit insecure, killing any chances of allowing the play to develop. I'd also argue that he cut his interceptions by becoming overly conservative and checking down far too often.

IMHO both are still a major issue, as the trade off for fewer interceptions and fumbles is an offense incapable of punching it's way out of a wet paper bag.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on June 05, 2024, 10:31:29 PMBut didn't he play in a lot less games in 2023??

Yes he did because of injury, I agree.

sxdxca38

Quote from: madbadger on June 05, 2024, 10:54:00 PMI'd counter that he cut his fumbles by running the second he felt the slightest bit insecure, killing any chances of allowing the play to develop. I'd also argue that he cut his interceptions by becoming overly conservative and checking down far too often.

IMHO both are still a major issue, as the trade off for fewer interceptions and fumbles is an offense incapable of punching it's way out of a wet paper bag.

Hi

In 2022 Daniel Jones was the 6th most sacked QB in the NFL.

Sacked over forty four times and he only fumbled six times.

So he has ironed out the fumbling issue in my opinion.

In 2024 you will see him become far more aggressive as he takes more deep shots to Nabers and Hyatt, as long as the O line holds up.

However only time will tell if that happens, it's a wait to be seen approach.

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on June 06, 2024, 06:38:08 AMHi

In 2022 Daniel Jones was the 6th most sacked QB in the NFL.

Sacked over forty four times and he only fumbled six times.

So he has ironed out the fumbling issue in my opinion.

In 2024 you will see him become far more aggressive as he takes more deep shots to Nabers and Hyatt, as long as the O line holds up.

However only time will tell if that happens, it's a wait to be seen approach.

I pray you're right

Philosophers

With a new contract, why would he not take more chances on his throws now?  If he fails he is still set financially for life.  He has FU money.