News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is the Eagle's head coach correct?

Started by MightyGiants, June 04, 2024, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Did the Eagles actually get the Giants "best player" when they signed Barkley?  Hell, did they get the Giants most valuable player, for that matter?

https://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1798059879921496078
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

He is not the best player but I'm sure he will be a stud within the eagles offense 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

H-Town G-Fan

The Eagles got Dexter Lawrence?

Gmo11

If they got Dexter Lawrence or Andrew Thomas he'd be right. Since they didn't...he's wrong as usual.

AZGiantFan

Let's see if he is saying that at the end of the season.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Just beat them. In a game that matters.

One time.

Until then they can say whatever they want.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 04, 2024, 10:27:10 PMJust beat them. In a game that matters.

One time.

Until then they can say whatever they want.

In fairness, they Giants beat the Eagles in a game that mattered to the Eagles.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Dex or Thomas are the Giants best players and it's not even close.

Barkley was an important cog of the offense. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Bob In PA

The Eagles' head coach is a horse's rear-end.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Gmo11

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 05, 2024, 08:51:45 AMThe Eagles' head coach is a horse's rear-end.  Bob

Now Bob that's being a bit mean...to the horse. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 05, 2024, 08:51:45 AMThe Eagles' head coach is a horse's rear-end.  Bob
Or a dickhead.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

They are going to love shoving this down our throats.  Get used to it.  We're still, unfortunately, the ugly stepchild to the A-hole Eagles.

files58

until he gets injured around game 4.

kartanoman

Quote from: Gmo11 on June 05, 2024, 08:54:19 AMNow Bob that's being a bit mean...to the horse. 

Only to the horse's arse!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jolly Blue Giant

Giants best players before free agency

1) Dexter Lawrence (impossible to replace)
2) Andrew Thomas (nearly impossible to replace)
3) Kayvon Thibadeaux (very hard to replace)
4) Bobby Okereke (hard to replace)
5) 3-way Tie between Wan'Dale Robinson, Xavier McKinney, and Saquon Barkley (Wan'Dale difficult to replace; Xavier difficult to replace; Saquon fairly easy to replace)

After Free Agency and the draft: Burns and Nabers, are ahead of Barkley as far as the top 5 players on the Giants

I love Barkley and I suspect he'll be great in Philly...but woe be to him if he isn't, as Philly fans are not only obnoxious, but they tend to be real assholes...and they will boo him if he doesn't light up the field every Sunday
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above