News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Three WRs left today’s practice with injuries:

Started by MightyGiants, June 11, 2024, 12:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Giants' Wan'Dale Robinson had a good practice today catching passes from Drew Lock, including an early slant for a catch and run TD on Cor'Dale Flott

Three Giants WRs sustained some sort of injury and left practice, though: Darius Slayton, Bryce Ford-Wheaton and Chase Cota

Cota was carted off. The other two walked off. Slayton after he slipped on a route
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Can't wait to read people say it is Ronnie Barnes fault

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 12:49:12 PMCan't wait to read people say it is Ronnie Barnes fault

Seriously? Are you going after fans who want to hold Barnes accountable for over a decade of being at or near the leading injured team?   Pretending that those holding Barnes accountable don't know what we are talking about is pretty insulting.   Some injuries are just that, luck. However, when you are consistently leading the league in injuries and time lost, you are clearly doing something wrong, regardless of your snarky remark.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 11, 2024, 01:05:35 PMSeriously? Are you going after fans who want to hold Barnes accountable for over a decade of being at or near the leading injured team?   Pretending that those holding Barnes accountable don't know what we are talking about is pretty insulting.   Some injuries are just that, luck. However, when you are consistently leading the league in injuries and time lost, you are clearly doing something wrong, regardless of your snarky remark.
Remember when you thought it was a good thing Judge was making players run laps to hold them accountable?  You actually compared it to some training class you took where the the instructor would throw your gloves off the tower? 

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 01:10:20 PMRemember when you thought it was a good thing Judge was making players run laps to hold them accountable?  You actually compared it to some training class you took where the the instructor would throw your gloves off the tower? 

Sorry, but I don't share your apparent belief that teams shouldn't hold anyone accountable.  In my opinion,  your approach is how a team has over a decade of futility (with a couple of exceptions).  Accountability is a key culture element.   So I couldn't disagree with your position strongly enough.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 11, 2024, 01:14:06 PMSorry, but I don't share your apparent belief that teams shouldn't hold anyone accountable.  In my opinion,  your approach is how a team has over a decade of futility (with a couple of exceptions).  Accountability is a key culture element.   So I couldn't disagree with your position strongly enough.
Ok, so for each injury Barnes should have to run a lap and climb down the tower to get his gloves.  Got it.  All Ball!

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 01:15:32 PMOk, so for each injury Barnes should have to run a lap and climb down the tower to get his gloves.  Got it.  All Ball!

Now you are attacking with a strawman argument.  You seem hell-bent and determined not to hold anyone on the Giants accountable.  Again, that approach is a guaranteed never to produce the sort of winning culture good teams have.   I just finished reading Mike Lombardi's football done right. What you are advocating is the opposite of how the NFL's best head coaches and GMs operated.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 11, 2024, 01:20:14 PMNow you are attacking with a strawman argument.  You seem hell-bent and determined not to hold anyone on the Giants accountable.  Again, that approach is a guaranteed never to produce the sort of winning culture good teams have.   I just finished reading Mike Lombardi's football done right. What you are advocating is the opposite of how the NFL's best head coaches and GMs operated.
What are you talking about?  You loved when Judge had players running extra laps like they were in pee wee.  Why not have Barnes run extra laps?

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 01:22:03 PMWhat are you talking about?  You loved when Judge had players running extra laps like they were in pee wee.  Why not have Barnes run extra laps?

Look, I am not doing back and forth.  You are free to believe no one on the Giants should be held accountable for results.  What I would ask is that you don't engage in dishonest and derogatory comments directed at your fellow fans who believe that accountability matters.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 11, 2024, 01:24:12 PMLook, I am not doing back and forth.  You are free to believe no one on the Giants should be held accountable for results.  What I would ask is that you don't engage in dishonest and derogatory comments directed at your fellow fans who believe that accountability matters.
What did I say that was not dishonest? 

Darius Slayton collided with a defender running his route and came up slow. Went off to side but appeared to be okay.
-WR Chase Cota left on a cart after landing on his shoulder attempting to catch deep ball

A better head trainer who is held accountable certainly could have prevented these injuries.

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Other injury/attendance notes from today: CB Aaron Robinson (knee) and CB Tre Hawkins (?) weren't spotted at practice. WR Gunner Olszewski (foot/ankle), TE Jack Stoll (?) and OL Evan Neal (ankle) came out to the field during practice and watched.

WR Isaiah McKenzie (?), DL Timmy Horne (knee), OLB Benton Whitley (foot/ankle), ILB Micah McFadden (?), ILB Isaiah Simmons (?), CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver (?) and S Gervarrius Owens (?) were on the side with trainers.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 01:15:32 PMOk, so for each injury Barnes should have to run a lap and climb down the tower to get his gloves.  Got it.  All Ball!

I think you are missing Rich's point.  Ronnie should be examining every aspect of how a team prepares to train and play, how they train and play and how they recover from train and play and look to best practices to prevent injuries and if injured to minimize downtime.

In his role Barnes should be analyzing every nuance to prevention and treatment of injury and to enhancing performance.

I even think he should study things like if a WR is wrapped up in a tackle just go down rather than oppose it and get injured.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on June 11, 2024, 01:34:07 PMI think you are missing Rich's point.  Ronnie should be examining every aspect of how a team prepares to train and play, how they train and play and how they recover from train and play and look to best practices to prevent injuries and if injured to minimize downtime.

In his role Barnes should be analyzing every nuance to prevention and treatment of injury and to enhancing performance.

I even think he should study things like if a WR is wrapped up in a tackle just go down rather than oppose it and get injured.

Ronnie also signs off on the health of players aquired, like Darren Waller
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE