News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Some observations from today's OTAs

Started by MightyGiants, June 11, 2024, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

President Rick

if we have to rely on holmes, our season is done.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

Full practice report coming from @charlottecrrll on @TheAthleticNFL later, but here are a few quick observations from practice:

• Daboll again was calling plays. Team periods were more game-like today with players/coaches on the sideline and plays getting called via headsets. Offense worked at a fast tempo today.

• Wan'Dale Robinson had five catches in team drills, including the catch-and-run TD on the slant. Lot of underneath passing from Drew Lock, including a nice side-arm delivery, so not surprising that Robinson was the main target.

• CB Dru Phillips, who has been the second-team nickel all spring, had an interception on a Tommy DeVito pass that was dropped/batted by WR Dennis Houston.

• TE Daniel Bellinger said he has been held out of team drills so Theo Johnson and Lawrence Cager can get more reps, not due to an injury. Bellinger missed one practice open to the media this spring and I don't have him down for any targets in team periods in any of the other three open practices. Seems odds to limit his reps so drastically if there's no health issue.

• I don't believe OLB Azeez Ojulari took any team reps today. Likely managing the workload of a player with a lengthy injury history.

• OL Matt Nelson got team reps for the first time in an open practice this spring. Nelson, who is coming back from ankle surgery, worked as the third-team LT.

• Undrafted rookie Jake Kubas has been working as a second-team guard in the last two open practices. Meanwhile, Jimmy Morrissey has been the second-team center for the past three open practices with Austin Schlottmann working with the third-team offense.

• Veteran CB tryout Tre Herndon has had a fairly even split outside and in the slot in his six-year career. He worked as the third-team slot CB today. He would have had a sack on a slot blitz in a team period.

https://x.com/dduggan21/status/1800593014848413869?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

This made me laugh:

• I don't believe OLB Azeez Ojulari took any team reps today. Likely managing the workload of a player with a lengthy injury history.

Its not even training camp yet.

Jclayton92

Man can they leave Ezeudu at one spot. Blows my mind he is now taking reps at RT for the 1st team. Why is Eleumenor not at RT and Ezeudu at LG? They are both significantly better at their natural position so switching them seems odd.