News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - NBA Draft and the Knicks

Started by Philosophers, June 12, 2024, 06:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on June 22, 2024, 12:04:24 PMBelieve it or not one of our biggest challenge areas was missed free throws...they literally lost several games for us.

As much as I love Robinson's game...he has two major Achilles; injuries (missed time) and terrible free throw percentage.

If we move him for something decent, sign Anunoby and Hartenstein...we can draft a solid back-up C late in the first or in the 2nd round.

Keep the core together including the Nova3 and we're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What  :what:

You don't think he should throw the ball at the net without an arch from the foul line???  =))
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

Jolly Blue Giant

I never realized how cheap the Knicks have been the last few years. They've avoided the luxury tax and kept salaries way down. Now they are going to have to pony up in order to keep OG and IHart. Good article" https://nypost.com/2024/06/22/sports/knicks-must-pay-luxury-tax-toll-if-they-want-to-keep-team-together/
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 23, 2024, 11:00:26 AMI never realized how cheap the Knicks have been the last few years. They've avoided the luxury tax and kept salaries way down. Now they are going to have to pony up in order to keep OG and IHart. Good article" https://nypost.com/2024/06/22/sports/knicks-must-pay-luxury-tax-toll-if-they-want-to-keep-team-together/

I can sort of understand not wanting to overspend when you're not remotely a contender. This is the first season that the Knicks (when healthy) have felt like a bona fide top 3 team in the East. With an even mildly healthier team, they were for sure going to the ECF.

We need to remember that, while the general view of Knicks fans is that they're iffy at best about Randle overall, the guy was beasting out this year before he got hurt.

With a fully healthy roster I think the Knicks are still one cut below being championship caliber, but they're getting a lot closer.

Jolly Blue Giant

Lotta rumors floating around of Knicks' interest in Karl-Anthony Towns. Minnesota has to find a way to trim its roster. The Wolves are seemingly open to paying the luxury tax, that might not be possible with Anthony Edwards, Karl-Anthony Towns, and Rudy Gobert all set to make at least $30 million next season. Towns alone will make $49 million. Towns is arguably their third-most important player, with Gobert being responsible for improving their defense. They also have an obvious candidate to replace Towns with 2023–24 Sixth Man of the Year winner Naz Reed

A suggested trade would be:

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 23, 2024, 03:38:38 PMLotta rumors floating around of Knicks' interest in Karl-Anthony Towns. Minnesota has to find a way to trim its roster. The Wolves are seemingly open to paying the luxury tax, that might not be possible with Anthony Edwards, Karl-Anthony Towns, and Rudy Gobert all set to make at least $30 million next season. Towns alone will make $49 million. Towns is arguably their third-most important player, with Gobert being responsible for improving their defense. They also have an obvious candidate to replace Towns with 2023–24 Sixth Man of the Year winner Naz Reed

A suggested trade would be:

Doesn't KAT have a lot of miles on him now?  A trade like this screams Glen Rice trade to me.  Overpaid player on the downside of his career.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Philosophers on June 24, 2024, 09:23:07 AMDoesn't KAT have a lot of miles on him now?  A trade like this screams Glen Rice trade to me.  Overpaid player on the downside of his career.

I don't know about miles or past injuries. I know that he's a year younger than Randle and at 7'0", he's developed into a very good 3-pt shooter. Overall, KAT is a better offensive player - a shoot first, defense second type of guy. Randle is a better defender than KAT. I suppose it has to do with Thibs' idea of team chemistry and of course "the almighty dollar"