News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I have a stupid question that I can't answer...help me, but be gentle

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, June 13, 2024, 08:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Okay, I constantly hear (actually read) the term JAG   :suspious:

I know that in the military it has something to do with Army lawyers or military court or something like that. But I see it a lot on the internet, and I've even seen it on this board (not lately, but I just thought about it when seeing JAG advertised on TV), but it has nothing to do with the military

For instance, football player "A" is called a JAG (apparently, a negative connotation). I've been interpreting that in my head as "Just Another Giant"  :-?? , but considering the context for which it has been used, it doesn't make sense...not to mention, what is "just another Giant"? Is that a bad thing to some fans?

I know it colloquial for something, I just don't know what it is. I try to keep up with the latest acronyms and lingo, at least the most common ones. But I'll be damned if I know what a JAG is if it isn't about military law and its court system
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Judge Advocate General - A judge advocate general is a principal judicial officer for a military branch or for the armed forces at large

JAG corps - the group of military lawyers serving under the Judge Advocate General.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss