News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tom Brady has a theory as to why offenses are struggling

Started by MightyGiants, June 14, 2024, 12:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 15, 2024, 09:13:25 AMThey were married for 13 years (they got married in 2009).  While the prenup may lessen the argument to a degree, most players talk about earning generational wealth (being able to pass their wealth on to their family).  In terms of that goal, a prenup is essentially meaningless.  Tom could take less money, knowing his children would still benefit from the combination of his wealth and his wife's wealth (her net worth was twice that of Tom).  Plus, I have little doubt his wife's wealth helped to purchase the four homes the couple owned (again lessening Tom's need for money).

Without Giselle in his life Brady would have still amassed a net worth well into the 9 figures, even taking lesser contracts. His net worth is still estimated to be in the $300m-$450mm range. He was (and still is) a marketing machine on top of his football earnings. Giselle or no Giselle, he would have still been extremely rich and would have still easily been able to take less money from the Pats (and later Bucs) in order to maximize his Super Bowl chances. It's not like he wasn't still getting paid tons of money. The guy cared about winning more than most players, such to the point that he was willing to make sacrifices. That would not have changed had Giselle never been in his life.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 15, 2024, 08:52:48 AMIn fairness to other QBs, not all QBs were married to women who make more money than they do.
Rich: I thought of that angle but dismissed it on grounds that Brady is (obviously) super competitive, and probably an ego-head who may be a bit "bothered" by that fact.  If so, then it took even more resolve for Brady to agree to take less pay than all of the guys whose wives don't work or who make less money. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

@Bob In PA and @DaveBrown74

We can always take Tom's word for it

When asked by Jimmy Kimmel

"I think the thing I've always felt for me in my life, winning has been a priority," he said, via NFL.com's Jeremy Bergman. "And my wife [model Gisele Bundchen] makes a lot of money."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2834412-tom-brady-i-take-pay-cuts-with-patriots-because-my-wife-makes-a-lot-of-money.amp.html

There are more comments here

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-on-salary-my-wife-makes-a-lot-of-money-0ap3000001029852
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE