News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

House of the Dragon, season 2 starts Sunday

Started by LennG, June 14, 2024, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

As many know, I was, and still am, a huge fan of Game Of Thrones. When they announced several years ago that there would be a prequel I, as well as most fans, stood right up and shouted for joy. So a couple of years ago, in July 2022, the prequel House of the Dragon premiered. I believe it was a 10-episode arc in which the first 6 almost put you to sleep, but then, by episode 7 and continuing thru episode 10, it really captured the essence of GOT and was a great watch. So, would the next season keep the great flow going, we shall find out on Sunday. My local paper has already seen the first 4 episodes and basically says it is can't miss TV if you are a fan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11198330/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotnJ7tTA34&ab_channel=Max

So now, I have to go back and rewatch the last few episodes to get me up to date, but this is a must watch.

any other GOT fans out there?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

TONKA56

House Of The Dragon started out slow but got pretty interesting. Season 4 of The Boys is underway as well.

Game Of Thrones...started to break down in season 5 and by season 8 was an utter dumpster fire.

Jclayton92

If you watched last night, Blood and cheese made their debut at the end of the episode. If you have time, and know what happens at the end of episode 1 you should look on YouTube to see how it unfolds in the books. It is even more diabolical.

LennG

Quote from: TONKA56 on June 14, 2024, 05:00:03 PMHouse Of The Dragon started out slow but got pretty interesting. Season 4 of The Boys is underway as well.

Game Of Thrones...started to break down in season 5 and by season 8 was an utter dumpster fire.

GOTs last season was a disaster, especially the final ending, but I felt it held up fairly well until then. Granted the first 5 seasons it was the best of the best. Maybe our standards were so high anything slightly under was considered bad.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Jclayton92 on June 17, 2024, 02:30:32 PMIf you watched last night, Blood and cheese made their debut at the end of the episode. If you have time, and know what happens at the end of episode 1 you should look on YouTube to see how it unfolds in the books. It is even more diabolical.

I simply can't watch week to week
 I'll let maybe the first 4 get in the book and then I'll start. I am in the process of rewatching season 1 as I tried to just watch the last episode and pick up on it but I couldn't.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on June 17, 2024, 06:27:48 PMI simply can't watch week to week
 I'll let maybe the first 4 get in the book and then I'll start. I am in the process of rewatching season 1 as I tried to just watch the last episode and pick up on it but I couldn't.

I agree wholeheartedly, Lenn. I can't stand the week-to-week format, no matter what their geeks in marketing say is the best way to maximize viewership. The modern viewer has made it clear they like the whole-season-dropped-at-once format that you get with Netflix and some of the others. The waiting all week thing is an antiquated thing that just annoys people. I can't stand it. I really don't need woke Apple and HBO telling me which day I'm allowed to consume the content I am paying them for.

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 17, 2024, 07:13:24 PMI agree wholeheartedly, Lenn. I can't stand the week-to-week format, no matter what their geeks in marketing say is the best way to maximize viewership. The modern viewer has made it clear they like the whole-season-dropped-at-once format that you get with Netflix and some of the others. The waiting all week thing is an antiquated thing that just annoys people. I can't stand it. I really don't need woke Apple and HBO telling me which day I'm allowed to consume the content I am paying them for.

The only problem with the binge watching, and it really isn't a problem, is we sometimes wait a year even two for our favorite series to come back on and then we devour it in 2 days and then it's over.
A great ,2 days though.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on June 18, 2024, 09:12:14 AMThe only problem with the binge watching, and it really isn't a problem, is we sometimes wait a year even two for our favorite series to come back on and then we devour it in 2 days and then it's over.
A great ,2 days though.

Fair point, but that's your decision. I don't want someone else making that decision for me.