News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A nice article on Jalen Hyatt

Started by MightyGiants, June 15, 2024, 11:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 15, 2024, 11:03:47 AMhttps://www.bigblueview.com/2024/6/15/24178340/new-york-giants-roster-preview-wr-jalin-hyatt-ready-to-flex-his-muscles-on-the-field

Everytime I read about him I like what I read.  He seems really composed and mature.

We have three very explosive WRs, honestly as explosive as maybe any trio the Giants have had though not nearly as productive.  Now I want to see them produce.  DJ needs to understand he has weapons and trust them more but they need to step up for him too.

DaveBrown74

It is great that there is all this nice buzz about Hyatt, but it was there last summer too. I like the kid, but it's for him to step up and make stuff happen in regular season games. And a big part of that is on the QB and play calling too.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 15, 2024, 11:27:17 AMIt is great that there is all this nice buzz about Hyatt, but it was there last summer too. I like the kid, but it's for him to step up and make stuff happen in regular season games. And a big part of that is on the QB and play calling too.
The problem is that what Hyatt does best "going deep" we can't take advantage of currently. It's almost the equivalent of having a Tyreke Hill on your team and not being able to take advantage of him being the best go route runner in the league. Not to say that Hyatt is there because he isn't, but the 1 or 2 routes he killed people on in college is something Jones rarely if ever throws.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 15, 2024, 11:27:17 AMIt is great that there is all this nice buzz about Hyatt, but it was there last summer too. I like the kid, but it's for him to step up and make stuff happen in regular season games. And a big part of that is on the QB and play calling too.

I think the Giants misused him last year.  His strengths are his speed and his great hands.  His strengths, however, do not include elusiveness.  You're not going to get far using him for bubble screens or dump offs.  Hopefully they'll stop that and use Wan'dale ond Nabers for those.  And the routes where you win with speed take a little longer to develop and the QBs rarely had enough time for that to happen.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on June 15, 2024, 04:30:06 PMI think the Giants misused him last year.  His strengths are his speed and his great hands.  His strengths, however, do not include elusiveness.  You're not going to get far using him for bubble screens or dump offs.  Hopefully they'll stop that and use Wan'dale ond Nabers for those.  And the routes where you win with speed take a little longer to develop and the QBs rarely had enough time for that to happen.

Good points.

The offensive was dysfunctional for multiple reasons last year. Hyatt wasn't able to be used in a way in which his strengths are really optimized. I am optimistic that he could be a lot more additive this year.

kartanoman

If the line gives the QB the time for these receivers to get into the secondary, Hyatt will get his number called and it will be up to him to get open and use his strength and hands to pull the ball in. Seeing him raw in the Cardinals' game last year, the kid can fly and get open. Now, with a year of experience under his belt, and a weapon to join him to put fear into opposing secondaries, it's why I keep yelling that fixing the O-Line is the most critical improvement the Giants have to accomplish, and things will start to turn around quickly.

On a completely different note, I got a chuckle out of the sidebar article on that site that many NFL fans are going to "pass" on watching the Giants "Hard Knocks" show. For those here who have HBO, and plan to watch it, take note of all the behind-the-scenes action because the next thread where "Mara is sticking his nose in again" or "there's another example of Ronnie Barnes' incompetence," we can just refer to the video ... lest Mara and Tisch paid off the Commissioner to cut those scenes out ... whatever, it's all on the Commish anyway in the end.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Great attitude. I love this kid. He's going to be a great teammate and a leader on this team. I also see him as someone who will be a role model for younger fans.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

and once more Darius Slayton will lead the team in reception yardage and long receptions :what:

likely due to the others getting close attention

He is the deep threat.  I see the others as great YAC guys....Maybe Nabers will unseat Slayton. We will see

I have never watched Nabers play admittedly.  His reputation preceeds him for sure.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Philosophers

Well said.  It all has to come together for him — his own play, the QB and the play.

MightyGiants

I will say this: there is the potential that this WR group could prove to be special.  The Giants drafted an elite prospect to combine with two young day-two prospects who have high ceilings.   The WR corps could go from one of he worst in the league to top 10
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE