News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Top 4 Rookie QBs

Started by Philosophers, June 17, 2024, 05:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Most Passing Yards Year 1

Caleb Williams
9 (40.9%)
Jayden Daniels
6 (27.3%)
Drake Maye
0 (0%)
JJ McCarthy
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 20, 2024, 05:40:18 PM

Philosophers

madbadger

Caleb Williams and JJ McCarthy in that order. Don't think the other two have enough talent around them.

Philosophers

I am thinking JJ first and Caleb Williams second.  Think Darnold starts but gets replaced early and JJ and the Viking vets go rest of the way.

ralphpal1

If C Willaims doesnt with that team
Either something went very wrong or very right

DaveBrown74

Caleb over JJ for me. I'm not sure how quickly JJ will get in there. Might take a few weeks or more. My understanding is Darnold is expected to start the season. Could JJ get in there by week three? Maybe. Or maybe not. Could be week four or week six, or later. We don't know.

Caleb will be in there from the jump. And as much as everyone here likes to hate Caleb, the guy is quite talented, and he has some big time weapons around him.

I can be convinced that JJ might put up more passing yards per game with that offense around him and that coach but if he only plays say 12 or 13 games, then he is highly unlikely to lead all rookies in passing yards.

Ed Vette

Williams has a lot of talent around him but he's been working on his timing etc. I think Daniels has the most initial success. I see Maye and JJ being brought along easily. I give them a year. I see Nix also with early success.

It's too early to predict any of their futures.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 17, 2024, 07:22:07 PMWilliams has a lot of talent around him but he's been working on his timing etc. I think Daniels has the most initial success. I see Maye and JJ being brought along easily. I give them a year. I see Nix also with early success.

It's too early to predict any of their futures.

Concur - Daniel's has some quality weapons to throw to and a very capable OC who prefers to throw the ball.  I also believe he shines early. 

MightyGiants

Former GM Jeff Diamond predicts when each rookie QB starts

Williams is the Week 1 starter

Daniels is the Week 1 starter

Maye takes over in Week 6 vs. Houston

Penix is a backup for 2024-25 but starts in 2026

McCarthy starts in Week 9 vs. Colts

https://www.the33rdteam.com/predicting-when-each-2024-rookie-qb-will-start-this-nfl-season/

Nix is the Week 1 starter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I still find it utterly bizarre that a team would pay up to bring in an aging, veteran QB like Cousins, only to use the 8th pick in the ensuing draft on another (old by rookie standards) QB who won't play for at least two years (instead of drafting a lineman or receiver to help this expensive QB they committed to as his career begins to wind down).

I have tried to make sense of this, and I just can't.