News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants plan on adding another RB

Started by MightyGiants, June 18, 2024, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Just another hope ticket if you ask me.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Think he's purely a camp body, he didn't even start for his own team at East Tennessee.

MightyGiants

Jacob Saylors, RB | East Tennessee State
Strengths: Productive ball carrier who rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of the past two seasons. Displays outstanding vision, patiently waits for blocks to develop, and then finds the hole and runs with authority. Keeps his feet moving, uses an effective straight arm to keep plays alive, and has enough quickness to bounce around defenders or piles.

Runs with an aggressive style, falls forward when tackled, and displays himself to be an effective blocker. Sees the blitz, stays with assignments, and squares into defenders. Solid pass catcher out of the backfield who adjusts to the throw and then extends his hands to snatch the ball out of the air.

Weaknesses: Runs with an upright style. Plays to one speed. Not a creative ball carrier and gets in trouble when he tries to run east or west.

Overall: Saylors was very productive on a small-school level, but he comes with average physical ability. His pass-catching skill gives him an outside shot to make an NFL roster as a fifth back.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/fcs-2023-nfl-draft-scouting-reports/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm all for in-house competition...let'em fight it out and may the best men win  :ok:
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above

BluesCruz

I assume they brought him in for a reason

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

As of right now, in terms of guys who have proven they can play this position at the NFL level, we have one of the worst RB rooms in the league. I think they may address this issue during August cut-downs, but for now, they should be looking at as many young RBs drifting around as possible...

MightyGiants

Just days after its inaugural season came to an end, the UFL has announced that eight players have already earned themselves NFL contracts.

The spring league, which formed this year as a merger of the USFL and XFL, allows players under contract to leave for the NFL after the season. If those players stick in the NFL they'll stay there, but if they return to the UFL they will go back to their old UFL teams.

The UFL's announcement identified defensive end Jalen Redmond signing with the Vikings, cornerback Gareon Conley signing with the Cowboys, guard Liam Fornadel signing with the Patriots, wide receiver Daewood Davis signing with the Panthers, kicker Jake Bates signing with the Lions, offensive lineman Kohl Levao signing with the Jets, linebacker Willie Harvey Jr. signing with the Cowboys and running back Jacob Saylors signing with the Giants.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ufl-announces-eight-players-have-signed-with-nfl-teams
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Here is how they opened up space for the signing

The team has also placed wide receiver Chase Cota, who broke his collarbone during the recently-completed mini-camp, on Injured Reserve.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE