News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Did the Panthers leap frog NYG to draft RB Jonathan Brooks?

Started by MightyGiants, June 19, 2024, 09:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I wouldn't have wanted them to draft an RB over the safety Tyler Nubin.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on June 19, 2024, 03:33:59 PMI wouldn't have wanted them to draft an RB over the safety Tyler Nubin.

From my perspective, RB and Safety are of roughly equal positional value.  So, really, it comes down to need and which is the better prospect.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Or, the Giants suckered Carolina into giving up assets to get the RB.

DaveBrown74

I wouldn't have wanted the Giants to take a RB in the second round this year. Clearly it's a need area, but I think it's lower priority than addressing a secondary that lost a starting corner and its best safety. I appreciate we also lost Barkley, but we did at least sign a somewhat competent replacement.

Fair to say that the positional value of safety and RB are similar (if not close to equal) and that they should have just taken the better prospect. I guess we don't know for sure what Schoen would have done if Brooks had been on the board, but we can wonder about these types of situational hypotheticals in every draft.

I think we got a quality player in Nubin, and we may have found a sneaky talented RB later in the draft.