News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does anyone here believe Tommy D really got a fair shot last year?

Started by BluesCruz, June 29, 2024, 06:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: T200 on July 02, 2024, 04:06:03 PM@DaveBrown74

I will also add this: if it's a first-time discussion, sure, let's discuss it, make corrections to false claims and all that jazz.

The problem is the repetitiveness of the same stuff that's based in quicksand. The more we fight/correct him, the more we all get dragged down, the site included.
And, we always have one.  With a similar name.  Same pattern.  Poster goes on and on belaboring the same point over and over again.  Eventually gets banned.  Then a few weeks go by, we get a new member and it starts again.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 02, 2024, 06:02:24 PMNo, absolutely not, and I only corrected him once, myself.

He made the initial claim, I replied with a question asking if that claim was in fact true, because I actually wasn't 100% sure at that point but it sounded wrong. He then maintained his position, so I fact-checked it and it turned out to be wrong. At that point I stated it was wrong. I didn't repeat that it was wrong 8-10 times, nor was it collectively repeated 8-10 times in this thread by other posters.

I appreciate the 8-10 claim was intentionally hyperbolic, but it's not even remotely close to being true.

Its not just about correcting one false claim.  FWIW, you've posted 13 times in this thread.  They may not have all been corrections.  But that number gives him the attention he craves and encourages him.  He is trolling.  If you want to jump in his boat have at it.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 02, 2024, 08:55:37 PMIts not just about correcting one false claim.  FWIW, you've posted 13 times in this thread.  They may not have all been corrections.  But that number gives him the attention he craves and encourages him.  He is trolling.  If you want to jump in his boat have at it.
He's right, @DaveBrown74  :doh:

Others are feeding him fast food takeout and your thoughtful and respectful posts are fine dining to him, but still are not enough for his insatiable appetite for getting people to go back and forth with him.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

Look guys I'm not trolling anything

Lets move on here.....bashing me as a troll is insulting to be honest. 

Expounding another member is a troll, to me, circles back to you the accuser as less interested in the Giants and more interested in a witch hunt.  In effect trolling about trolling. 

I truly believe Jones has had his shot and its time the Giants began exploring another QB route.
Actually shocked they did not draft one.

You can argue the facts but a guy who usually produces about 10-15  passing TDs per year is pretty poor performance. Tommy produced 8 passing TDs in his short 6 game campaign.

Jones is getting another year to prove himself- his 6th.  As a Giants fan I hope he re-news himself and takes us to the playoffs or at least a winning season (better than .500) but I'm not confident he can or will.

Lets move on here.....bashing me as a troll is insulting to be honest. 

Expounding another member is a troll, to me, circles back to you the accuser as less interested in the Giants and more interested in a witch hunt.  In effect trolling about trolling. 

Ive had my say and tried to point out the madness of the QB room.  Eventually even the Giants stop rowing in circles and find a new path....if Jones can re-birth with these new weapons- great....if not, money aside we need a new QB.  Desperately....you cannot win in the NFL consistently without a good QB

When the Cowboys began laughing at Jones in game (daring him to throw) I was appalled.  Id never seen that before and hope to never see it again.  It was humiliating.

As I have pointed out in other posts, Jones has been hit too many times.  he seems to have developed "David Carr" Syndrome- a palpable fear of being hit.  This would account for his disdain for long 50/50 throws and tendency to take off running too often
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"