News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFL top 25 under 25

Started by MightyGiants, July 04, 2024, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Depressing there are no Giants.   Who would you say is the closest Giant to the list?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Hope that changes this year.

Bob In PA

The Giants have several opportunities to crack that list by this time next year.  Incidentally...

(1) I had no idea Cee Dee Lamb was so young when he came into the NFL.
(2) Just one more reminder how Giants fell asleep & let Eagles to jump over them to take Davonte Smith.

~X(  ~X(  ~X(

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

To answer my own question, I think Kayvon Thibodeaux is perhaps the best under-25 player currently on the roster.  As @Bob In PA suggested, there are others with the potential to make the NFL list, but in terms of current on-field production, I am going KT.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Where's Andrew Thomas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on July 05, 2024, 09:46:55 AMWhere's Andrew Thomas?

Thomas is 25 years old and no longer eligible
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 05, 2024, 09:58:00 AMThomas is 25 years old and no longer eligible
Missed it by THAT MUCH!

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Has to be Thibodeaux based on what we know today. By October we might switch that answer to Nabers, and I don't make that statement in any negative way about Thibodeaux. Nabers has a good chance of being a truly elite player.

Deonte Banks is only 23. While he does not deserve to be on this list and isn't particularly close as of yet, if you told me that one year from today he'd be on it at age 24 I wouldn't be overly surprised. I think he has a lot of talent, and there is a chance he could have a significantly improved season this year.

As a rookie, he basically did exactly what I want to see from a rookie:  (1) "Flashed" numerous times, and (2) Showed signs of improvement over the course of the season.

I don't think there is anyone else who is even vaguely in the conversation at this point.

madbadger

These lists make me chuckle. Through his first four years in the league Trevor Lawrence's stats are pretty much identical to Daniel Jones stats his first four years. According to the national media and most of the fan base Jones was an utter failure but Lawrence has a bright future. The people who put these lists together are willing to overlook flaws in players games if they like the player in question and are willing to kill a player they don't. IMHO there aren't 25 players under the age of 25 who are better than Thibs.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on July 05, 2024, 01:30:45 PMThese lists make me chuckle. Through his first four years in the league Trevor Lawrence's stats are pretty much identical to Daniel Jones stats his first four years. According to the national media and most of the fan base Jones was an utter failure but Lawrence has a bright future. The people who put these lists together are willing to overlook flaws in players games if they like the player in question and are willing to kill a player they don't. IMHO there aren't 25 players under the age of 25 who are better than Thibs.

I'm with you on Lawrence and reacted very unfavorably the day Jacksonville gave him that insane contract. People just can't seem to get away from the fact that he was a great college player. They still place more weight on his Clemson data than they do on three years of NFL data.

Doc16LT56

My prediction: Nabers WILL be on the list next year and will move toward the top of the list each year until he ages out in 4 years.