News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For the Giants, offseason Hard Knocks seems to be more trouble than it’s worth

Started by MightyGiants, July 04, 2024, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

By
Mike Florio

Published July 4, 2024 10:52 AM

Why?

Not as in "why have the show?" When it comes to Hard Knocks, the league is committed to finding new places in the pizza into which cheese can be stuffed. But why be the team that opens itself up to the cameras and microphones for the weeks and months during which plenty of sensitive strategic conversations occur and important decisions are made?

After sleeping on it and realizing that there isn't much else going on today, I decided to re-watch the whole episode and come up with a list of reasons why this might not be the best decision the Giants ever made.

The list is at the link

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/for-the-giants-offseason-hard-knocks-seems-to-be-more-trouble-than-its-worth
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimc

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 04, 2024, 02:30:20 PMBy
Mike Florio

Published July 4, 2024 10:52 AM

Why?

Not as in "why have the show?" When it comes to Hard Knocks, the league is committed to finding new places in the pizza into which cheese can be stuffed. But why be the team that opens itself up to the cameras and microphones for the weeks and months during which plenty of sensitive strategic conversations occur and important decisions are made?

After sleeping on it and realizing that there isn't much else going on today, I decided to re-watch the whole episode and come up with a list of reasons why this might not be the best decision the Giants ever made.

The list is at the link

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/for-the-giants-offseason-hard-knocks-seems-to-be-more-trouble-than-its-worth

All very good points. I don't believe the Giants would ever have participated in HK if the league hadn't badgered them for years.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimc on July 05, 2024, 06:20:00 AMAll very good points. I don't believe the Giants would ever have participated in HK if the league hadn't badgered them for years.

Yes, John Mara was very opposed to appearing on the show.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE