News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Troubling- Nabers spotted in a strip club throwing money around

Started by LennG, July 08, 2024, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 11, 2024, 06:58:02 AMI just hope this will not be another Lombardi, Landry, Sean Payton, or Bill Belichick-type situation where we regret letting a promising assistant walk.

I am of the mindset that if we really want to start to be a better run franchise, we need to start getting used to assistants getting poached. That's just a reality of life when you're a well oiled machine of an organization with great leadership at the top and a great ability to groom and develop your staff from the most junior levels. The Pats lost coordinator after coordinator and one front office exec after another through the two decade long Brady/Belichick era, and they didn't miss a beat. McVay has been losing guys left and right over the last several years, and the Rams still appear to be managing just fine.

I would further add that if you're an organization whose assistants and coordinators are constantly getting poached for bigger jobs by other teams, you will have a much easier time hiring top people in the future. Ambitious, talented, up and comers want to be part of successful organizations that will enable them to showcase their talents and get bigger jobs. I'm totally on board with that.

If we prefer having guys like Kevin Abrams and Mike Shula in senior roles who have no chance of getting poached, then we will remain a stagnant organization in the bottom quartile of the league, as we have been for a decade. I would prefer the former. So I'm comfortable with Brandon Brown getting poached when it happens because I am comfortable that Schoen will be able to replace him with someone good.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 11, 2024, 10:44:33 PMI am of the mindset that if we really want to start to be a better run franchise, we need to start getting used to assistants getting poached. That's just a reality of life when you're a well oiled machine of an organization with great leadership at the top and a great ability to groom and develop your staff from the most junior levels. The Pats lost coordinator after coordinator and one front office exec after another through the two decade long Brady/Belichick era, and they didn't miss a beat. McVay has been losing guys left and right over the last several years, and the Rams still appear to be managing just fine.

I would further add that if you're an organization whose assistants and coordinators are constantly getting poached for bigger jobs by other teams, you will have a much easier time hiring top people in the future. Ambitious, talented, up and comers want to be part of successful organizations that will enable them to showcase their talents and get bigger jobs. I'm totally on board with that.

If we prefer having guys like Kevin Abrams and Mike Shula in senior roles who have no chance of getting poached, then we will remain a stagnant organization in the bottom quartile of the league, as we have been for a decade. I would prefer the former. So I'm comfortable with Brandon Brown getting poached when it happens because I am comfortable that Schoen will be able to replace him with someone good.

Spot on!   That's the thing with Brandon Brown, the Giants poached him from the Eagles.  The Giants need to do a better job bringing in and developing young talent of their own.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

coggs

Not troubling at all.  Nothing wrong with a guy going to a strip club.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 12, 2024, 11:37:38 AMDo you think Brandon Brown goes to strip clubs?

Actively? Now, in his mid 30s? Probably not, but who knows.

Would I bet money that he never, ever went to one ever when he was in the 19-25 type age range? No, I would not make that bet.

y_so_blu

DaveBrown74

Quote from: y_so_blu on July 14, 2024, 04:17:03 PMI hope he gets it out of his system early.

Depending on how much money he spent, he might have "gotten it out of his system" that night..

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 14, 2024, 04:30:59 PMDepending on how much money he spent, he might have "gotten it out of his system" that night..
A happy ending.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin