News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Troubling- Nabers spotted in a strip club throwing money around

Started by LennG, July 08, 2024, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

Not sure I see that as troubling.  Maybe silly, not fiscally responsible or immature, but I don't see it as troubling. 

Of course I am probably biased knowing that at his age just having received a signing bonus, I would probably be doing the same thing.

MightyGiants

A young well-paid professional athlete at a strip club throwing around some cash?!?!  :jawdrop: 

I can't imagine such a thing! I would think he would be at a prayer meeting or a choir practice  =))
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 08, 2024, 03:16:28 PMNot sure I see that as troubling.  Maybe silly, not fiscally responsible or immature, but I don't see it as troubling. 

Of course I am probably biased knowing that at his age just having received a signing bonus, I would probably be doing the same thing.

The man's signing bonus alone was over $18 million.  I think he can afford to toss around a thousand here or there. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 08, 2024, 03:16:28 PMNot sure I see that as troubling.  Maybe silly, not fiscally responsible or immature, but I don't see it as troubling. 

At some point, the line between a player's personal life, regardless of the morals and judgment of everyone else's opinion, is something that shouldn't be crossed nor is anyone entitled to have a voice. That is, of course, with the exception of Giants' ownership if it violates the terms and conditions of the contract he signed with them. If it does not, then it falls under the guidance the Giants provide as "exercise good judgment" when going out into the NY Metropolitan area public scene.

So, unless he did something irresponsible, that ultimately comes back on the Giants to exercise damage control, and he safely returned home that evening, file this one under "Great you had some fun in the Big Apple, but be aware that people are watching you so don't screw up," and let's move on and be careful out there!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Hopefully, he's not building a posse of bloodsuckers. Yeah, he's a kid but he's a high-paid executive for a multi-billion Dollar Corporation. Ya gotta grow up fast in this game or it all slips away.

I hope my man Jalin wasn't there.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

The Giants went the Boy Scout route and did nothing.

I don't care what he does on his own time, so long as it's legal.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 08, 2024, 03:29:01 PMHopefully, he's not building a posse of bloodsuckers. Yeah, he's a kid but he's a high-paid executive for a multi-billion Dollar Corporation. Ya gotta grow up fast in this game or it all slips away.

I hope my man Jalin wasn't there.

Are we really going to hold the players to a higher standard than the owners?  Owner Robert Kraft got arrested, for paying for sex in a prostitution sting (regardless if he got off on a technicality).   Going to a strip club seems tame (and legal) by comparison.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

Yep I agree- troubling.  Shows a lack of discipline and a lack of wisdom.  Not only to be there, but throwing away a ton of cash, and also allowing your hangers-on to record you and post it online.  Puts you in a bad light, puts the team in a bad light, and forces others to answer questions about you they don't need the distraction of dealing with.  In short- stupid.

DaveBrown74

I'm not bothered by this in the slightest myself, but I get why some might be.

I'm sure Mara wasn't thrilled by it.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 08, 2024, 03:43:06 PMAre we really going to hold the players to a higher standard than the owners?  Owner Robert Kraft got arrested, for paying for sex in a prostitution sting (regardless if he got off on a technicality).  Going to a strip club seems tame (and legal) by comparison.
Do you know the element that frequents those clubs late at night and into the morning? It has nothing to do with him spending money and I really don't care if he was blowing off steam. The danger is that there are vipers who prey upon these athletes. David Tyree almost lost his career and if he didn't wise up, the Giants do not win that SB. Plax shot himself in the foot and ended his career and the 2008 Giants run. It's not a judgment. I spent a good part of my youth on the wildlife. It's a Red Flag if the behavior continues. Odell was never reigned in and his career took a steep downturn. I'm sure someone will be talking with him and the importance of image and the potential pitfalls. If John Mara was out there doing it and it hit the radar, I would hold him to the same standard. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

He's a kid with a ton of money. He will find out soon enough that he can have strippers in the privacy of his home, although he needs to be coached up on the cons of strippers getting/stealing from the newly rich

The Giants teach not only the fundamentals of football, but "how to be a pro", so pretty sure he will be (if not already) talked to about being careful and always being conscientious about his public image. He'll be fine, as long as he doesn't decide he wants a gun
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

ozzie

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 08, 2024, 04:02:10 PMDo you know the element that frequents those clubs late at night and into the morning? It has nothing to do with him spending money and I really don't care if he was blowing off steam. The danger is that there are vipers who prey upon these athletes. David Tyree almost lost his career and if he didn't wise up, the Giants do not win that SB. Plax shot himself in the foot and ended his career and the 2008 Giants run. It's not a judgment. I spent a good part of my youth on the wildlife. It's a Red Flag if the behavior continues. Odell was never reigned in and his career took a steep downturn. I'm sure someone will be talking with him and the importance of image and the potential pitfalls. If John Mara was out there doing it and it hit the radar, I would hold him to the same standard. 
I agree with this and with Lenn's original post. I get the whole "young guy with money doing nothing illegal" bit, but I do think it is a bit of a red flag as he is potentially making himself a target for the ne'er do wells.
Hopefully this doesn't become a habit.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jclayton92

Hey he can sit in the boom boom room all he wants, it may even be therapy. As long as we get our 1500 and 15 I'm good.

Was listening to Edlemans podcast and the Kelce's podcasts and they even see Wrs as different guys, kinda weird and out there.

So let Nabors peacock if he wants, as long as we get that production + a team guy I don't care.

I'm sure you all wouldn't care if Neal went to a strip club as long as he turned into a high functioning player. I don't even know that a strip club is that out there. Had he been at some cocaine fueled sex den then maybe but helping a lady through college is almost charitable.

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 08, 2024, 03:25:16 PMA young well-paid professional athlete at a strip club throwing around some cash?!?!  :jawdrop: 

I can't imagine such a thing! I would think he would be at a prayer meeting or a choir practice  =))

IMHO a young man with a lot of money is asking for trouble by being around women with no morals. It's a story as old as time. Hopefully a wiser, older vet will set him straight before it bites him in the ass.