News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Troubling- Nabers spotted in a strip club throwing money around

Started by LennG, July 08, 2024, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

The "posse" potentially with suddenly rich young men is always a concern. Those hanger-on types will leave you broke, :jawdrop: just check in on Antonio Brown.

AB also never should have kept playing after that KO in the Bengal game.  He was never right again..but the NFL looked the other way.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on July 09, 2024, 09:39:14 AMThe greatest NY Giant had addiction issues including sexual ones. Never forget that.
If 1990 were 2024, it wouldn't be a non-issue.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 09, 2024, 10:25:10 AMEd,

I think the question you raised about who he is surrounding himself with was a fair point.  I cannot look at this one event as an issue. As you said this may be a nothing or it just may be the 1st in a series of events. 

There are also different kinds of poor decisions and some affect football and some don't.  Take Antonio Cromartie for instance. His poor off the field decisions didn't affect his play, but are certainly affecting him after football.  Plax had a myriad of off the field stuff that didn't matter to the team until he shot himself. And that incident was not really related to being a poor tenant but maybe fits in the bigger category of poor decisions.

Certainly the NY media will be amplifying any of this type of stuff going forward for him.  If this is going to be a negative pattern it won't take long to see it and quite frankly, there is nothing any of us can do about it.

I heard he said the Shma before going entering the club, so I feel better about it.  :D

If behavior by any player were to become a locker-room distraction, then it's too late. As Barney Fife would say, "Nip it. Nip it in the Bud." I would be surprised if this weren't being handled by the org, the Staff, or a couple of Vets. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 09, 2024, 12:15:26 PMIf behavior by any player were to become a locker-room distraction, then it's too late. As Barney Fife would say, "Nip it. Nip it in the Bud." I would be surprised if this weren't being handled by the org, the Staff, or a couple of Vets. 

Ed: It has been too long... too long... since we mentioned good ol' Barney Fife here. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

It's only a problem because there's video evidence. If it wasn't publicized, it wouldn't be an issue.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

What these guys do on their own time is their business.  Provided it's not illegal or anything like that.  I honestly don't care what he's doing on his time, as long as he's showing up to practice and scoring TDs on game day.  That's all any of us should are about.  If he is out all night Saturday and it affects his play on Sunday then fine, but until then I'm not going to waste any more time thinking about it.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on July 09, 2024, 01:36:39 PMIt's only a problem because there's video evidence. If it wasn't publicized, it wouldn't be an issue.

Or there would be an issue there but we wouldn't know about it.  For me it's not the money it is the surroundings.  If he wants to look at naked women, Only Fans is a safer choice.  I'm a big believer in the old adage 'nothing good happens after miidnight'. While they had no culpability, we just had a tragic example of that.  Your actions after midnight nay be fine, but it's the people around you that are the potential problem.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 09, 2024, 01:56:22 PMOr there would be an issue there but we wouldn't know about it.  For me it's not the money it is the surroundings.  If he wants to look at naked women, Only Fans is a safer choice.  I'm a big believer in the old adage 'nothing good happens after miidnight'. While they had no culpability, we just had a tragic example of that.  Your actions after midnight nay be fine, but it's the people around you that are the potential problem.
I think it's more about people being judgmental. As I said, all things ending the same, if there was no video, this would not be a discussion.

The time of the day is also immaterial. Bad stuff happens in broad daylight.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

JT39

Quote from: LennG on July 08, 2024, 09:10:41 PMEvery road starts with one small step. If this is his small step, imagine what he will be like if he ever really achieves fame and fortune.

If he were a Cowgirl, we'd be crucifying him over hot coals as a typical Cowgirl draftee.

Really, how can people be so dismissive of this?

Is he beating women?
Speeding 110 MPH drunk?
Is he snorting coke?

You remember who our best player in our franchise history is? This is a nothing burger. He's 20 watching girls get naked. Big whoop.

LennG

Maybe it's because I'm old and see things differently. Too me there are a couple of problems here. First, Nabers is now a hero to some. He will be a sort of role model for younger kids. Is this the kind of role model you want for your kids?
Ok that is minor, the other point is about what might or can happen in establishments like this. What type of crowd you get. A lot of testosterone is around, lot's of drinking, maybe drugs and even a fight, maybe a gun. Yes maybe it is fSr fetched but where is something like that more likely to happen?.
And it's not just a young guy having some fun. We speak like we've all done this. But we weren't an important cog in a team game, he is. Too many people are now depending on him and actions like this just leave him open for negatives.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

PSUBeirut

Quote from: T200 on July 09, 2024, 02:01:44 PMI think it's more about people being judgmental. As I said, all things ending the same, if there was no video, this would not be a discussion.

This is actually the part I find stupidest in his actions- kids his age 100% understand that if someone is aiming a camera at you it's very likely that's gonna be spread around - *especially* if you're any kind of high-profile person.  So the fact he noticed the camera, danced for the camera, showed the stacks of cash to the camera....means he 100% wanted this to become public.  He could have very easily told these others not to record if he had cared to keep it under wraps.

So, the bigger issue in my mind is he was intentionally seeking to put this kind of crap out about himself- without a consideration of how it would impact his teammates, coaches, organization that invested in him just weeks ago, etc.  Just plain ole stupid.

uconnjack8

If he goes to nicer strip clubs in NYC he will be surrounded by hedge fund managers.  Does that make some of you feel better?

Plenty of drugs will still be around though. 

Can't believe the club allowed someone to have their phone put and record it. 

Philosophers

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 09, 2024, 04:51:38 PMIf he goes to nicer strip clubs in NYC he will be surrounded by hedge fund managers.  Does that make some of you feel better?

Plenty of drugs will still be around though. 

Can't believe the club allowed someone to have their phone put and record it. 

Hedge fund managers are typically worth more than $500 million and know how to hold into their money unlike many football players.  Bad comparison.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on July 09, 2024, 05:04:09 PMHedge fund managers are typically worth more than $500 million and know how to hold into their money unlike many football players.  Bad comparison.

Why do we care about whether he spends his money frivolously or invests it smartly long term? Why is that even our business or concern? Would it be preferable if instead of dropping five or ten grand in one night at a strip club that he went short naked calls in TSLA a month ago and lost $1mm? Nobody would be snapping pictures of the latter and writing about it in the NY Post. I can think of tons of great athletes who had financial problems down the line because they were not smart with their money when they were younger. That's unfortunate obviously, but it doesn't mean they weren't awesome football players. Are we NFL fans or their personal financial advisors?

He's a young kid who is going to make millions of dollars over the next four years at least, and very likely a lot longer than that. He has accomplished way more in his life than most 20 year olds. He's out with his boys having a good time, celebrating a bit perhaps, not breaking any laws, and he has a blowout night a month before camp. Again, he's 20 - not 47 with a wife and two kids.

How many people here can say they never did anything a bit frivolous or rowdy when they were in the 19 to 24 year old range? I mean for those who are being so critical, I hope your younger years were literally perfect to the point of being incredibly boring. Otherwise it's pretty hypocritical to kill this guy over something like this.

And to basically say "the same standard shouldn't be applied to me because I'm not an NFL player" is absurd and an epic cop-out.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on July 09, 2024, 05:04:09 PMHedge fund managers are typically worth more than $500 million and know how to hold into their money unlike many football players.  Bad comparison.

I dont care what he does with his money.  If he is bankrupt after football it's of no concern to me. 

I wasn't comparing him to hedge fund managers.  I was addressing the idea of the type of element in a strip club.  There are some that have a bad element and others that really don't.   

Some have mentioned fights and guns in strip clubs and tbh I have never seen a fight in a strip club. 

I get some of the concerns about whether a pattern of behavior is going to develop, but this incident in and of itself doesnt worry me.