News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Breaking down episode two of Hard Knocks

Started by DaveBrown74, July 09, 2024, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 10, 2024, 03:39:47 PMIf you say so.  I don't recall any of that and I see no sign that there was any serious effort to induce the Pats to trade the pick.  And in the actual event they didn't.

I was just listening to the Giants Insiders Podcast.  Biz, who sometimes acts as a mouthpiece for the Giants and who gets as much inside information as any reporter, was sort of backtracking on the Giants where going up to 3 for Maye.  Prior to the draft, he was reporting a strong interest in going to three and getting Maye.  Now he says he is hearing other things suggesting that the trade to 3 may not have been for Maye.

They also pointed out the phonecall where Schoen was talking about his plans of staring Jones and his concern that he might not be ready for the first few games.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Ok so Shane Bowen has gotten more attention on HK than Mike Kafka.  Is Mike now much more anonymous within the org.?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on July 11, 2024, 09:45:30 AMOk so Shane Bowen has gotten more attention on HK than Mike Kafka.  Is Mike now much more anonymous within the org.?

If I were a betting man, I would expect Mike to leave after the season.  I think Mike would ideally like to leave for a head coaching job, but at this point, I think he would take another OC job (if he could get it).  I think the only reason the Giants refused to allow Mike to leave was the team wanted to have some (or at least the image of some) stability as all three coordinators leaving after a season is a bad look (especially with two leaving because they didn't want to be there).

I would also add that we have to consider Daboll's offensive background.  The little leadership court at the Combine had the top coach on offense and defense (as well as the new O-line coach). 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE