News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

WalterFootball: New York Giants to go 4-13 this season.

Started by DaveBrown74, July 13, 2024, 10:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

I cannot imagine we go 4-13 with 3 capable QBs, a fierce pass rush, stacked WR group

upgraded play calling, normalization at the RB position (not force feeding Saquan all day long) and thus more unpredictable

The kicking game seems solid,

realistically I see 9-8, 8-9 something in that hemisphere...maybe even higher if the Boys slip, Philly continues to unravel and the Redskins are not ready to take off

We are somewhere between 6-11 and 11-6 with a shot at the playoffs
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on July 16, 2024, 02:09:00 AMI guess you might look at it that way, but after tearing every ligament in his right leg in 1996, Montgomery managed to come back and have a decent 1998 capped off by a media-dazzling performance in the East-West Shrine Bowl that won him that 2nd Round pick. But then as we know he couldn't stay healthy in his couple of years (8 games?) with the Giants. Fooled, yeah, Fools? I don't know. Did they do much better when they took Ron Dayne with their top pick in 2000? Fortunately, they had Atiim Kiambu Hakeem-Ah Barber to bail them out after that.

Cheers!

Larry,

It's been a long time ago, but I recall hearing at the time that Joe's agent created a highlight tape that he sent to all the NFL teams.  The report I heard was that highlight tape helped spark the Giants' interest in Montgomery.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 16, 2024, 06:55:57 AMLarry,

It's been a long time ago, but I recall hearing at the time that Joe's agent created a highlight tape that he sent to all the NFL teams.  The report I heard was that highlight tape helped spark the Giants' interest in Montgomery.

Probably so, Rich. He sure spent time on BBWC promoting his guy, to what effect I can't imagine. Still, my Cowboy fan Son-in-law must have thought I was "Giants Fan of the Year" or something when he (his name has been aged from my brain-how pathetic is that) hosted us for lunch at Gallagher's and later introduced us to Tiki while he was appearing at a local Modell's.

But then, just think about the credit you deserve for luring an old cynic like me from BBWC to your BBH. Then again, not everyone here may think of that way.  ;)

Cheers!

LennG

Say this prediction is true and we go 4-13, is that the end for Daboll and possibly Schoen?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

4 Aces

Another 4 win prediction?

This team won 6 games last year under the worst circumstances imaginable.

Now that they're healthy with an improved roster and an easier schedule they only win 4?

Bullsh#t on a shingle.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: 4 Aces on July 16, 2024, 05:08:05 PMAnother 4 win prediction?

This team won 6 games last year under the worst circumstances imaginable.

Now that they're healthy with an improved roster and an easier schedule they only win 4?

Bullsh#t on a shingle.

I don't think they're going 4-13 either, but I would personally argue they were a worse team last year than 6-11.

I do feel they have had a solid offseason though, and I acknowledge they had a lot of injuries last year, so I don't see the 4-13 scenario this year myself. I see something more like 7-10.

LennG

And does that make it a successful or positive season?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jclayton92

Giants are odds on favorites to sign Xavian Howard per book makers. How do you feel about that with his off field issues?

Does his play and our need for a lock down corner outweigh his off field issues?

Dumpster Dan

How many here will send an email to Walter the day the Giants win their 5th game???

Dumpster Dan

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 16, 2024, 08:34:04 PMGiants are odds on favorites to sign Xavian Howard per book makers. How do you feel about that with his off field issues?

Does his play and our need for a lock down corner outweigh his off field issues?

His play has declined significantly based on both his pff grades and Pro Football Reference Average Values.  So I don't think he is a shutdown corner any more.  Just like with Waller we'd be getting an ex-elite player past his sell by date.  And he is getting long in the tooth.  So I have no inclination to overlook his fairly horrific, if true, off field issues.  So that's a hard no from me.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 16, 2024, 09:15:05 PMHis play has declined significantly based on both his pff grades and Pro Football Reference Average Values.  So I don't think he is a shutdown corner any more.  Just like with Waller we'd be getting an ex-elite player past his sell by date.  And he is getting long in the tooth.  So I have no inclination to overlook his fairly horrific, if true, off field issues.  So that's a hard no from me.
I agree completely.

BluesCruz

We only won 6 games last year because our two Sub QBs came in and won 5

If Tyrod dosent make a historicaly bad audible against Buffalo we would have won 7

If Jones holds true to form- 1 win every 6 games, we will be lucky to win 3 this year- if Jones stays healthy and does not get subbed (unlikely)

I dont know much about Drew Lock but he did beat Philly last year

All in all, if we continue down this Jones road then yes 4 wins is a real possibility.

With Tommy at QB we would likely have 10 plus wins- he has a knack for winning and knows the system

With Drew Lock I'm going to predict 7 plus wins

With Jones anywhere from 3-9 wins....He really needs to grow as a playmaker and capable of longer shots completed outside the numbers- a big ask
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"