News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

TV Shows you couldn't wait to watch when you were a minor

Started by squibber, July 13, 2024, 01:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

How would a #1 watched show for 6 years like 'All in the Family' do in today's politically correct environment?
That show would never make it past week 2, but it is one of the funniest and greatest TV show ever.

If you talk conventional TV today on the regular networks I think TB back then was much better. Since we have cable and streaming there is considerably more choices so you are bound to find better content but overall since there is so much programming the majority of it is junk.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 17, 2024, 05:21:23 PM"It is ballooon!"

I still remember the words to the opening of F-Troop, Beverly Hillbillies, Petticot Junction,and Green Acres.
There are reruns of all of them except F-Troop. But the theme songs are iconic. Great for singing with a group, on a bus, in a bar or a party.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 17, 2024, 07:38:09 PMThere are reruns of all of them except F-Troop. But the theme songs are iconic. Great for singing with a group, on a bus, in a bar or a party.

Actually, you can stream F-troop, but it costs $.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kartanoman

Quote from: LennG on July 17, 2024, 07:16:54 PMHow would a #1 watched show for 6 years like 'All in the Family' do in today's politically correct environment?

It still does very well every Sunday Night on "Me-TV" even though I bought the entire series on DVDs over a decade ago. It's still hilarious today and the Archie-Edith "dynamic" remains one of the greatest character relationships in TV history. Of course, the Archie-"Meathead" dynamic remains timeless and still makes me laugh endlessly today now that I'm the parent and our oldest daughter brings home the "meathead" every now and then!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kartanoman

Quote from: LennG on July 14, 2024, 07:53:16 PMGosh it's hard to remember some of them
Y
My #1 show for anticipation was The Twilight Zone. I just couldn't wait an entire week until the next episode.
Some others

One Step Beyond
Mickey Mouse Club
Have Gun Will Travel
Rin Tin Tin
Lassie
The Steve Allen Show
Sky King
Wonderama (a real NY show)
Little Rascals
Flash Gordon
Sea Hunt
Three Stooges
The Abbott and Costello show
Peter Gunn
77 Sunset Strip
Dragnet
My Little Margie
Life of Riley
Dobie Gillis
And another all time favorite
Brooklyn Dodger baseball

Lots of good shows here, Lenn. When I was a little pip squeak in the mid 70s, I used to get up early to watch Bob McAllister on Wonderama on Channel 5 in New York. Romper Room on Channel 9. Magic Garden on Channel 11. In the mornings on Channel 2 you had Captain Kangaroo, Patchwork Family and the New Zoo Revue. Great kiddie shows and even better local commercials!

Another North Jersey legend, Uncle Floyd, used to keep us on the edge of our seats every night on the UHF channels, 68, I think.

Great memories.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Wow, I had completely forgotten Uncle Floyd.
He tried to be Soupy Sales but wasn't as good but still very entertaining.

Does anyone remember Zackerly and his late night movie show?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss