News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does anyone have any idea how Bill Parcells is doing these days

Started by BluesCruz, July 16, 2024, 05:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

We never hear much from him.

Last winter I encountered him on the SeaGirt boardwalk passing by

He was wheeling by on 3 wheeler bike and there was no chance to stop and say hello.  Although I had met him years ago at the Pleaasantville training camp- final day and he, McConkey, and Simms were the only guys there- Harry Carson walked by  a bit grumpy and ignored us.

Bill had lost a lot of weight when I saw him on that bike

I hope he is ok..  Wonder how he would assess this team, our QB, the coaches.

He has never had much to do with the Giants since he resigned.....I wonder if there is bad blood there.

I did just find this article/interview- seems Bill is just fine.  Another article referenced Bill has loaned $4 million dollars to 20 or so former players down on their luck.  Says a lot about Parcells

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2024/01/19/bill-parcells-bill-belichick-patriots-comments/#:~:text="He's%20been%20around%20long%20enough,narcotic%20for%20guys%20like%20us.

Now that the cover has been drawn up on how involved the Mara's are, you can see why Bill took off

He wanted to "buy the groceries and make the dinner"

It weird how Bill Parcells and Bill Belicheck never comment on the Giants except to say they were fond of their days working there.....how about a little critique or advice guys?  Simms is another one- "No Comment"
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

Guessing he is around Saratoga right now.  He has gotten into owning race horses. 

I know he was at the Saratoga meet last year.

BluesCruz

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 16, 2024, 06:46:32 AMGuessing he is around Saratoga right now.  He has gotten into owning race horses. 

I know he was at the Saratoga meet last year.
Yes you are right
I wonder if that traces back to our Summer camps in Albany

Seems he is fine.....maybe I should follow his lead and drop some pounds myself- I'm 270 now....my playing weight was 190....maintained that for many years playing full court pick up Bball games at the Montclair Y.   It was a way to stay in shape and have fun at the same time....lots of injuries though- torn AC, Bulged Back Disk, sprained ankle so bad I was purple up to mid thigh

The back was what stopped me- disk was so bad my left leg was paralyzed before surgery

Full Court Basketball is close to football in terms of danger with no Refs.  Do not recommend it unless you have good insurance LOL

MightyGiants

Quote from: BluesCruz on July 16, 2024, 05:48:55 AMWe never hear much from him.

Last winter I encountered him on the SeaGirt boardwalk passing by

He was wheeling by on 3 wheeler bike and there was no chance to stop and say hello.  Although I had met him years ago at the Pleaasantville training camp- final day and he, McConkey, and Simms were the only guys there- Harry Carson walked by  a bit grumpy and ignored us.

Bill had lost a lot of weight when I saw him on that bike

I hope he is ok..  Wonder how he would assess this team, our QB, the coaches.

He has never had much to do with the Giants since he resigned.....I wonder if there is bad blood there.

I did just find this article/interview- seems Bill is just fine.  Another article referenced Bill has loaned $4 million dollars to 20 or so former players down on their luck.  Says a lot about Parcells

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2024/01/19/bill-parcells-bill-belichick-patriots-comments/#:~:text="He's%20been%20around%20long%20enough,narcotic%20for%20guys%20like%20us.

Now that the cover has been drawn up on how involved the Mara's are, you can see why Bill took off

He wanted to "buy the groceries and make the dinner"

It weird how Bill Parcells and Bill Belicheck never comment on the Giants except to say they were fond of their days working there.....how about a little critique or advice guys?  Simms is another one- "No Comment"

Parcells and Young were two strong-willed who were each successful, but they frequently clashed.  As for Parcells leaving;  his whole career is marked by not sticking around too long.  I believe his longest stint was with the Giants.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 16, 2024, 06:59:37 AMParcells and Young were two strong-willed who were each successful, but they frequently clashed.  As for Parcells leaving;  his whole career is marked by not sticking around too long.  I believe his longest stint was with the Giants.

Parcells leaving was odd coming off a SB victory.  I have heard a back story from an insurance agent who worked the Giants players as clients. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: BluesCruz on July 16, 2024, 10:17:55 AMParcells leaving was odd coming off a SB victory.  I have heard a back story from an insurance agent who worked the Giants players as clients. 

Parcells wasn't someone who naturally settled down
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

from what I recall, soon after SB 25, Parcells had major heart surgery and [maybe] was told by meds to slow down a while. By the time he was ready to go back to the nfl, the Giants had moved on.  So did he.

On the show "The Two Bills,"  both BP and BB seemed genuinely fond of their days with the Giants.  But once you go to other teams, it's hard to tout the past compared to the new present.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.