News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For the Giants to be a playoff team this year, the following needs to be true

Started by MightyGiants, July 16, 2024, 09:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

A)  Daniel Jones has the ability to be a good NFL quarterback, but he has been held back by poor support and this year, he will finally have NFL-caliber support, OR  Drew Lock finally gets it and proves to be a late bloomer (and the Giants pull the trigger on DJ early)

B)  Former O-line coach Bobby Johnson was bad at his job.  That is the reason that Neal, JMS, and Ezudu have all failed to contribute as day 1 and 2 O-line draft picks, AND  Carmen Bricillo is a really good offensive line coach that the Raiders screwed up by letting him walk.

C)  While Wink Martindale is a talented play-caller, his behind-the-scenes disruptive behavior offset any value his coaching acumen brought, AND Shane Bowen is an excellent DC who other teams are going (like the Jags who interviewed him) will regret passing on.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

A) The play of the Oline and most especially its pass protection must be greatly improved so as to allow Daniel Jones to perform at least as well as he did in 2022. That may not just determine whether the Giants make the Playoffs, but whether DJ is to remain their QB any longer.

B) The Defense must perform an order of magnitude better than it did last year something about which I am guardedly optimistic. In that regard, I believe the Giants will have an above average Front 7 which, among other things, should enable the Secondary to avoid giving up too many big plays.

C) All of the foregoing is contingent on the Giants players not being anywhere near the top-10 on the injury list.

D) Perhaps also a few more smiles from the 2 Misses: Misfortune and Mistake. Like they say when offering chicken soup to a dying man, "It couldent hoit".

Cheers!

GloryDays

Quote from: Painter on July 16, 2024, 04:03:01 PMA) The play of the Oline and most especially its pass protection must be greatly improved so as to allow Daniel Jones to perform at least as well as he did in 2022. That may not just determine whether the Giants make the Playoffs, but whether DJ is to remain their QB any longer.

B) The Defense must perform an order of magnitude better than it did last year something about which I am guardedly optimistic. In that regard, I believe the Giants will have an above average Front 7 which, among other things, should enable the Secondary to avoid giving up too many big plays.

C) All of the foregoing is contingent on the Giants players not being anywhere near the top-10 on the injury list.

D) Perhaps also a few more smiles from the 2 Misses: Misfortune and Mistake. Like they say when offering chicken soup to a dying man, "It couldent hoit".

Cheers!

That covers it nicely. If I had to narrow it down, I would go with your A and C.