News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Injuries start early for NYG

Started by MightyGiants, July 16, 2024, 06:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Hoping it's not a serious issue.

Jolly Blue Giant

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

uconnjack8

That's killer for a rookie.  Starting camp on PUP makes it unlikely he will contribute in the 1st half of the season.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 16, 2024, 07:29:54 PMThat's killer for a rookie.  Starting camp on PUP makes it unlikely he will contribute in the 1st half of the season.

He might not miss that much time.  The reason teams start a player on PUP is that it gives them options should he suffer a set back.  He could potentially be back in a few days.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

I'm not too concerned just yet. 

As Rich says, he could be back swiftly.

Rich, I think, posted something really interesting the other day about mid round TEs - almost none produce early in the season so, I wasn't expecting much this season.

If this was Bellinger, Id be very concerned. He needs a bounce back season.

DaveBrown74

Even if he is not out that long, missing some/all of camp and the preseason as a rookie is far less than ideal.

I'm curious also how he has a hip flexor injury already. I mean how did that happen?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 17, 2024, 01:31:46 PMEven if he is not out that long, missing some/all of camp and the preseason as a rookie is far less than ideal.

I'm curious also how he has a hip flexor injury already. I mean how did that happen?

We don't have the details, but this is sort of disappointing.  This is the sort of injury that Wellman (and the Barnes team) were supposed to be working on reducing

What causes hip flexor strains?
Hip flexor strains happen when you tear the fibers of your hip flexor muscles. Causes of hip flexor strains include:

Overuse: Repeating the same motion — whether at work or during an activity like playing sports — can lead to overuse syndrome.

Not stretching or warming up before exercise: Stretching before exercise gradually increases how much stress you put on your muscles.

A lack of flexibility: If you're not very flexible, your muscles (and the fibers in them) are tighter, which makes them more susceptible to strains.

Traumas: Traumas like falls and car accidents can cause hip flexor strains too, especially if you suddenly tense your muscles to brace for an impact or during a fall.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/23978-hip-flexor-strain
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 17, 2024, 01:35:48 PMWe don't have the details, but this is sort of disappointing.  This is the sort of injury that Wellman (and the Barnes team) were supposed to be working on reducing

Hip flexor strains happen when you tear the fibers of your hip flexor muscles. Causes of hip flexor strains include:

Overuse: Repeating the same motion — whether at work or during an activity like playing sports — can lead to overuse syndrome.

Not stretching or warming up before exercise: Stretching before exercise gradually increases how much stress you put on your muscles.

A lack of flexibility: If you're not very flexible, your muscles (and the fibers in them) are tighter, which makes them more susceptible to strains.

Traumas: Traumas like falls and car accidents can cause hip flexor strains too, especially if you suddenly tense your muscles to brace for an impact or during a fall.

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 17, 2024, 01:35:48 PMWe don't have the details, but this is sort of disappointing.  This is the sort of injury that Wellman (and the Barnes team) were supposed to be working on reducing

Thanks for this info Rich.

Since we don't know exactly what happened, I'll resist the very pressing temptation I'm feeling to point fingers, but this is precisely the type of thing that makes, at the very least, asking some serious questions about certain departments in this organization a more than reasonable thing to do, in my personal opinion.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 17, 2024, 01:45:02 PMThanks for this info Rich.

Since we don't know exactly what happened, I'll resist the very pressing temptation I'm feeling to point fingers, but this is precisely the type of thing that makes, at the very least, asking some serious questions about certain departments in this organization a more than reasonable thing to do, in my personal opinion.

That's it, we don't have details.  Although, based on what we know, in terms of causes, such an issue should be very rare on a team with a crack medical and training staff.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimc

Was Ronnie Barnes anywhere near him? /sarcasm/
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone