News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dabs confusing offense and was Dabs calling the plays ?

Started by killarich, July 19, 2024, 01:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Slayton interview with Keyshawn Johnson. If you cut to the 10:55 part of the interview where they speak on Nabers, Slayton then speaks on how the complications of Dabs offense can be confusing to anyone.

The whole interview is a decent listen but that part stuck out to me for those 2 reasons

Jclayton92

No defense had an issue understanding our bland offense last year. So hopefully it is more complicated.

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on July 19, 2024, 01:58:25 PM

Slayton interview with Keyshawn Johnson. If you cut to the 10:55 part of the interview where they speak on Nabers, Slayton then speaks on how the complications of Dabs offense can be confusing to anyone.

The whole interview is a decent listen but that part stuck out to me for those 2 reasons

As Keyshawn alluded to, things are not as complicated as Slayton suggests.  Frankly, other than the one-word shortcuts, this sounds like a typical offense.  There might be more motion, but generally, motion is good for an offense.  Motion tends to force the defense to tip off their intentions at least their coverage plans.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ralphpal1

I like how people say putting a man in motion would show the defense  but would D Jones understand what he is seeing

MightyGiants

Quote from: ralphpal1 on July 21, 2024, 01:11:00 PMI like how people say putting a man in motion would show the defense  but would D Jones understand what he is seeing

Jones had an impressive 37 Wonderlic.   All reports are he is an intelligent man.   On top of that, Jones works as hard, and in most cases harder, than any QB in the league.   Between brains and preparation, there is no reason to think he wouldn't.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 19, 2024, 02:01:38 PMNo defense had an issue understanding our bland offense last year. So hopefully it is more complicated.

100% Jess.  If our O players have difficukty but opposing D's do not, then rebuild everything about the O.