News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I don't have a lot of observations because, frankly, I wasn't as well prepared as I normally am.  I haven't memorized a lot of numbers, didn't have my binoculars, and didn't have a printed roster.

I was watching Elumenor, and it was so nice to see a competent RT play.

There is not a lot of standing around like in previous training camps, players were almost always doing something.

Turbo Miller really impressed with his field speed.  He runs significantly faster than most RBs and had a really nice run today.

Safety Owens is playing with the 2s.  The longer Mills stays on PUP the more Owens has a chance to make it at safety.

I was underwhelmed with DJ's accuracy today.  He had two deep posts where he missed his receiver wide.  One thing that was telling (in terms of WRs).   Slayton's miss looked worse because he really didn't adjust to the ball.   Hyatt did an excellent job adjusting so he at least got his fingers on it.

There were some nice medium throws by DJ.   The thing with DJ is he really needs to improve his consistency. 

One thing that I saw was Hyatt still chopping his feet to change direction.

I saw a special teams drill I had never really seen before.  It was similar to the one-on-one drill linemen and receivers/DBs run.   One player had to beat the other player and try to tackle a pad down the field

Bobby Skinner and Justin Pennock, it was great to see those two.  Great guys.

I wonder about Bellinger.  If he makes the team, it will be more by default than because he earned it.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Bobby Skinner
@BobbySkinner_
Giants Training Camp Day 4 thoughts

•Full padded practice meant lots of running. First team OL did well but not Dexter Lawrence helps
•Andru Phillips found his way in the backfield twice
•If Eric Gray can't block in preseason, I think Dante Miller is making a case for a spot
•young guys battling for spots like Dyontae Johnson & Gervarrius Owens shined today
•Will be able to watch OL/DL 1 on 1's before our stream so will have more takeaways then
11:43 AM · Jul 29, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I would like to see the middle of the field used more with the deep throws. Jones has always been decent at the sideline, now let's see the middle.