News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Corner - 2024 Camp Reports

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 10:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Thanks Mighty. Trying to keep up with Bobby and Justin, too. Our heroes look far more intense this year- whether it translates .hmmmm.

Bob In PA

Rich: It would be hard to overstate how much I look forward to people from this site attending camp. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

Owens and Phillips with picks today. Secondary slowly coming along.

Bellinger finally decided to show up today.

MightyGiants

I will say it was a lighter practice than yesterday

I am still less than happy with DJ's accuracy (not that Lock or DeVito are lighting it up)

Watched the Baby Bison today.  He is powerful, even though he is light

TEs can not block Burns (who did practice)

I watched (because he was on my side) Eluemunor solid right tackle

A Gervarrius Owens looked impressive in coverage

Watched a bit of Boogie Basham, I came away underwhelmed.  The Giants are 6th in the waiver wire order.  I expect them to try and get an edge rusher on waivers

I was watching some Gunner Olszewski as a WR.  He is pretty shifty and I think he could offers up something as a receiver, not just as a returner.

I watched McCloud try and cover Hyatt on a deep crosser.  The video is a highlight because McCloud broke up the pass, but in my opinion, had DJ thrown it well there wouldn't be a play to make.  Hyatt beat his man.

Gilliam was feast or famine on his punts. Some where magnificent deep punts to the sidelines, and some barely made 30 - 35 yards
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Two DBs that have really impressed so far this summer are CB Nick McCloud + S Gervarrius Owens.

McCloud is playing in the slot. Had 2 pass breakups today with the starters, one almost was an INT. Has been playing really physical, which is a plus in Shane Bowen's defense.

Owens now has interceptions on two straight days in pads. The seventh-round pick last year has really made strides. He's been playing with the second-team defense.
1:08 PM · Jul 30, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/TheGiantTakePod/status/1818301817580605756

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Rough day for the Giants offense. Daniel Jones went 6 of 14 passing. Almost threw two interceptions.

Looked like the Giants pulled back on WR Malik Nabers a bit today. Had a smaller workload.

Offensive line seemed unsettled. Again, Aaron Stinnie was at LG. Austin Schlottmann at C. Think that could change soon with the addition of Greg Van Roten and C John Michael Schmitz (shoulder) seemingly not far from a return.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1818315181736251585

Bobby Skinner
@BobbySkinner_
Giants Training Camp Day 6 thoughts

•Really tough day for the offense. Nothing crisp and multiple sacks. Asking the TE's to pass block and they just get beat
•Gervarrius Owens interception. Gervarrius Owens supremacy.
•Bobby Okereke & Dyontae Johnson were bringing it in the run game all day long
•Andrew Thomas is hilariously good in 1 on 1's. He hasn't lost in 3 years
•Elijah Chatman looked good in 1 on 1's and had a sack v. Aaron Stinnie in team
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/nickfalato/status/1818302818291245152

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
#Giants QB Daniel Jones having an issue under throwing again. Missed Jalin Hyatt on first set of team drills. He had step, but throw allowed DB back in it.

Completed one to a wide-open Wandale Robinson moments ago, but throw had him sliding when presented a great YAC chance.

Near INT for Burns now on a tip, too.
11:08 AM · Jul 30, 2024
·
 Views

https://x.com/TheGiantTakePod/status/1818302461935059194
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE